FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow me

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Wed May 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Follow me

I tried searching for this , but I have never been able to make the search on this forum software work. It always complains that my search terms are either too small or too common or whatever..

Now that I have Isboxer working I thought to try something easy, or so I thought. I tried to configure Isboxer to cause each of my chars to follow the other whenever I switched screens. I tried setting up key maps for "follow me". I tried setting up broadcast keys that I had setup an alias for to follow. The broadcast did not seem to work at all. The key maps sort of worked, but the follower did not actually follow. He sort of roamed around randomly but did not follow. I had mapped F7 to the follow me keymap. When I used F7 manually it worked okay.

Anybody know how to do this.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 20, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Follow me

You need to set up the variable keystroke section for your character slots. This is usually done in the Quick Setup Wizard initially, and then sometimes tweaked afterwards.

This describes it http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modi ... eting_keys
This video goes through it step by step. I strongly suggest watching this first (its also on the page above linked). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6MZxH ... r_embedded. Ignore the bits where it says LOTRO does not have a follow keybind - it does; this video was create before it had it. The important stuff starts at about 3:20, but I suggest watching the whole thing.
<<

kasmar45

Post Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 am

I tried doing what the above post said to do, but it is not working. I have keys for follow fellow, It should be as easy as select fellow and follow, but it does not seem to be that easy.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu May 21, 2015 7:02 am

kasmar45 wrote:I tried doing what the above post said to do, but it is not working. I have keys for follow fellow, It should be as easy as select fellow and follow, but it does not seem to be that easy.

It is that easy, but what part isn't working? They're not targeting, or they're not following?

• If they're not targeting anything at all then either your targeting keys in game aren't set to be F1 through F6, or, again, the Variable Keystrokes are setup incorrectly in ISBoxer (likely completely missing).
  • If they're not targeting the correct character then the Variable Keystrokes are set up incorrectly in ISBoxer for that Character Set/Slot.
  • If they're targeting, but not following, then it's:
    • 1) Your Variable Keystroke for follow that is not set either at the Character Set level or in the global area (both covered in the video)
    • 2) Your Variable Keystroke for follow does not match what you've set in game
    • 3) Your in-game key binding for follow is not set to anything
  • You're not in a party
  • Your Key Maps are disabled—Turn them back on (Shift Alt M)

Beyond this, there's nothing we can do without seeing your profile.
<<

TonyO

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:09 am

Your follow me hotkey may need to be set to "execute on pressed OR released," with two steps: 1) target active -> all other, 2) follow-> other
If your follow hotkey is in a new keymap, make sure the keymap is active (assigned to the character set).

For fellowship targetting, I use a complex system of hard-coded keymaps because each time a certain LOTRO team is invited in the same order, the fellowship targeting hotkeys will always be the same for that team. Otherwise I have not figured out a formula, ryme, or reason to LOTRO fellowship targeting order. But in every possible team combination the sixth character's hotkeys will nearly always be unique to other orders. So I've created a separate keymap for each possible order. Each team has a virtual targeting keymap assigned.

I'll post an example profile, a trimmed down version of my game profile with only targetting keymaps, hotkeys, and a few sample teams: http://chopapp.com/#y3q5letg

Each team has a sticky Virtual Mapped Keys assigned to a targeting keymap which never changes if the team membership stays the same. When I create a new team, I look at the window order from the view of the sixth character and assign the Virtual Keymap with that name (i.e. LOTROTarg-26435). Each slot of each team has a key assigned to execute on focus, from a slot keymap.
It's a complex system, but it works reliably and it's easy to maintain once I got it set up.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:18 am

TonyO wrote:For fellowship targetting, I use a complex system of hard-coded keymaps because each time a certain LOTRO team is invited in the same order, the fellowship targeting hotkeys will always be the same for that team.
From your description you are effectively doing the same thing as the variable keystrokes setup in ISBoxer, but in a slightly different manner. If it works, super.

TonyO wrote:I'll post an example profile, a trimmed down version of my game profile with only targetting keymaps, hotkeys, and a few sample teams: http://chopapp.com/#y3q5letg
I was going to look because I'm always interest in how people implement things, but the site you've used doesn't seem to have a raw copy method I could see, so I was going to get line numbers, and removing 70000+ line numbers just means I lost my interest.

TonyO wrote:Otherwise I have not figured out a formula, ryme, or reason to LOTRO fellowship targeting order.
I've discussed this several times with others for various reasons, and no, the order is not always clear. The first 3 slots appear to be reasonably fixed to F/ship Accept order, and the later 3 slots are a mixture of F/ship membership and account/character creation order (or some secret value which is set when these events occur). And then there is RAID order. If you convert your 6 man to a raid, the group order can change, which appears to be a fallback to the mystery account/character creation order.
<<

TonyO

Post Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:54 am

bob wrote: I was going to look because I'm always interest in how people implement things, but the site you've used doesn't seem to have a raw copy method I could see, so I was going to get line numbers, and removing 70000+ line numbers just means I lost my interest.

My apologies, Bob. I didn't test http://chopapp.com to see what the code would look like when I shared it. Pastebin said my paste is too big ,about 250k, so I was trying a new paste site. chopapp is the only one I've found that will take a 250k paste.

EDIT: If you're still interested, this tool will remove line numbers from the code copied from chopapp - http://remove-line-numbers.ruurtjan.com

Return to Lord of the Rings Online