FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Going linkdead, but only with ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Khordach

Post Fri May 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Going linkdead, but only with ISBoxer

Setup: ISBoxer, just to run two toons, launched through my ISBoxer Character sets, but it doesn't matter if I launch each slot manually.

Everything works fine for a bit, then one (or both) toons just stop, and the connection icon (for lotro) shows Recv at 0 bps, no packet loss. Sometimes one toon will get the message "Lost connection to chat server", and occasionally I'll get the followup "Re-establishing connection to chat server", but eventually the connection icon goes red, and I lose the connection for that toon. If only one toon dies, I can re-launch via the set slot for that one, but still, one or both will go linkdead. It isn't related to moving or zoning, I can log both in and just stand in place, and one will usually go LD within 15 minutes or so.

Normally, my Connection icon shows Latency 47 ms, Loss 0.0%, Sent: 200-600bps, Recv: 100-2200bps (about)

Running a single toon via the Turbine launcher runs fine for hours, and launching a second toon the same way stays connected, but under ISBoxer I'm going linkdead. This doesn't happen in EQ2, or other games I've tried. At first I thought it was a net problem but that doesn't make sense if I can keep the toons in run just from the launcher.

Turning off firewall, and all AV doesn't help, rebooting doesn't help... Any ideas?
Win 7, 64bit, 12GB Ram, NVidea graphics card. 30MB Internet connection,

Edit to add: It doesn't seem to matter what toon pair I choose, the same effect happens. I have not yet tried a different server, but then again, I only play on one.

ETA Again: Tried using the Troubleshooting option in the LOTRO menu to drastically reduse the connection speed down to basically dialup, still no effect.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: Going linkdead, but only with ISBoxer

Sounds sucky, and perhaps the game is being starved for some reason. As ISBoxer/Inner Space doesn't do anything to your network connection, it is unlikely to be because of it. Although with your connection at 2200bps, that could be the culprit. I had that on dialup in 1985. It's pretty slow these days. Lets say you have a typo.

More than likely though is something else on your computer or network throttling the traffic or closing the ports.

First things I think you should do is provide a diagnostic http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics. That will help determine if there is anything known to cause problems. You can provide this on a copy of the game after your team is launched via IS seeing as the problem occurs after some time.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online