FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO - First Slot launches ok, no others will launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

RecklezzRogue

Post Mon May 11, 2015 4:18 pm

LOTRO - First Slot launches ok, no others will launch

Greetings Lax,

I have gone through many gyrations trying to get back to a normal flow (ISBoxer works, then it doesn't). the most common fix has been to wipe out userpreferences.ini and rebuild from scratch during a launch, but this no longer seems to work...the process for turbinelauncher is running, and even launches the lotroclient process, which then sits at ~5K mem usage and sometimes 50-40% cpu utilization to no avail.

I doubt this is installed software related as I have added nothing to this machine between now and when things were running smoothly. The most significant event I can think of that causes problems everytime is when I move the laptop from one docking bay to another - always bad - always breaks ISBoxer in this manner (only one client will fully launch). I've stopped doing that and am now using a different machine at home...(that one too, btw, needs some prodding to fully launch...please get some better error detection and messaging going if you can).

Here are the dumps from turbinelauncher and lotroclient processes running outside of ISB/InnerSpace:

https://links.connecteddata.com/AkTSf38 ... ag.txt/wui
https://links.connecteddata.com/l0VBSq5 ... ag.txt/wui

Thanks in advance for you help...too many hours and days lost on this - time for the big guns!

Good Hunting,

R.Rogue
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: LOTRO - First Slot launches ok, no others will launch

This is one of those things that happens for a couple of people. The thing to resolve it seems to be to prevent the turbineclientlauncher from running as it launches the lotroclient.exe process with the debug flags. I'm not sure it has yet been determined why it happens for some people and not others.

Nothing looks out of the ordinary in your diagnostics there, although you do have the odd program you could shutdown/uninstall for testing, but if it has been working normally in the past, and as determined by a couple of other people, the problem seems to be more fundamentally rooted somewhere, perhaps even at a driver level (like full reinstall, minimal setup, still fails), so the options may be limited.

Anyway, you can get around it by reading through this post. viewtopic.php?p=31607#p31607, if not, you should post your laptop to Lax. Because it doesn't happen for him and no-one has provided a setup/sequence that can be replicated on other computers, it might be rather difficult to trace.
<<

RecklezzRogue

Post Mon May 11, 2015 4:40 pm

Thanks Bob - I will try the command line launcher as suggested and report back. If I can figure out how to replicate this I will let you know...chances are once it is working I will simply get back to mapping out virtual combat! ;-)
<<

RecklezzRogue

Post Mon May 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Bob you workaround did the trick - and it's less effort to get into the game! - I am wondering about patching, but I assume I just need to launch the client outside of ISB/Inner and allow it to patch whenever there is an update.

Thanks for the speedy and applicable response....wish I reached out Friday...

Good Hunting,

R.Rogue
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 am

Yes; patching will require you to run the launcher normally and not via ISB/Inner. This is true of all games where your profile disables patching :).

Return to Lord of the Rings Online