FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

playing 12 man

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 am

playing 12 man

Ok so trying to get a 12 man group going. I got the follow and raid assist target up. Does anyone know or got a functional way for raid group 2 to target toons in raid group 1 ? From what I can tell Lotro does not assign F keys to all. Each raid group is essentially its own fellow within the raid group and they function independently without a actual group leader ? Is my only control of the entire raid using myself as raid assistant (with repeater region) and no other way to have all the others be able to target other members of raid for things such as healing ? Any help on this would be appreciated. Looking for ideas/suggestions on to how to run a mixed 12 member team and have functionality above just follow and kill what I put up in raid assist target.

And for all those out there wondering what it takes hardware wise to run 12 instances on one machine. I just built this rig for this and it handles it quite well. Swapping and full 1920x1200 res. I7-5930k (6core), 32GB ram, GTX980, Samsung XP941 M.2 SSD. ALL instance graphics on low.
<<

ecgric

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Re: playing 12 man

I was looking in the Lotro section and I came across something Bob posted in another thread about Variable keystroke Target slot {x}. Would this work via click bars seeing that Lotro only assigns F1 -F6 for group members? Would the game still target the correct toon this way ? Seeing as I can't tell ISBoxer where toons 7-12 are how is it going to know who to target ? When I am telling ISBoxer where my target slot 5 and so on are. I don't have F keys to tell it so it won't work right ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:47 pm

My Assist functions are set to target an ATG, and I use virtualisation to swap them in and out as needed.

So basically I have a Mapped Key for Assist, lets call it ALT+A for. It has 1 action which is a Do Mapped Key Action, and calls Virtuals -> Assist.
Then I use a menu (although a clickbar or mapped key would be fine too), to set a Virtualisation which replaces the Virtuals -> Assist with an Assist that only targets a specific ATG. In the group (ok I don't do this for raids I use it for a 6 man but the concept is the same), I have 3 different ATG's, with the appropriate toons in each one. So then when I switch them over, I can get half the team on one mob and the other half on another mob. The 3rd ATG is for the whole group.

Healing is a little more tricky, but pretty much along similar lines.

I'll get some pic's together on it soon.

ecgric wrote:I was looking in the Lotro section and I came across something Bob posted in another thread about Variable keystroke Target slot {x}. Would this work via click bars seeing that Lotro only assigns F1 -F6 for group members? Would the game still target the correct toon this way ?

edit: And, yes this would work, as the Raid groups will treat the F1-F6 for their respective groups you could create mapped keys/clickbars/etc that are all directed to the right healer to target their respective groups - you will need a healer in each group. You wont get cross group AOE healing as per usual, and targeting for cross group individual heals in a raid will require vfx or repeater regions or something else as you can't get LOTRO to target a specific toon directly. Selection is only ever via mouse or Next Player. And it means more config because you have to duplicate everything so you have a Target Slot 7, 8, 9, 10 etc. Even though these will end up hitting the same F keys, it is going to need to make sense to you (and to be fair those variable keystrokes are the easy part). I can think of a few ways to make clickbar or videofx heals fairly smart so they don't take up heaps of room, but the any x-group will still be a pita.

I no longer have a raid config around (format and no backup!), so I'll have to get a group up and running to test a few things out. Maybe someone else also has some idea's.
Last edited by bob on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ecgric

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 pm

I am finding out that a Raid is a whole diff animal with regard to targeting specific toons. I can get follow to work by using the raid assist and overlaying a repeater region and issuing my follow command. I can get them to target a mob by using the same and the assist command. But to function properly I need to be able to target specific toons within the raid not just a ATG group in general. ATG will be fine for saying healers do this. But they have to have the target first. I am wondering if I am going to have to all my dps in group 2 and my mixed group in group 1. The problem with that is no group healing for dps in group 2 that way. Only single target healing. Then I can just target who I want and have the assist and heal built into a press and release set up. I do this now as a buddy and I run raids but he has 6 and I have 6. So I don't have to try to control group 2 but I can still heal his toons in group 2 this way (but no group heal for his toons as all my healers are in my group). Just hoping for another way to get basics working without having to click the repeater region every time.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:45 pm

I remember now why I stopped the raid config. It was annoying. Although a lot of the split group setup I use for a 6 man will work for a raidit will take a little while for me to get working properly as there is a few oddities with raids.

A raid will reorder your character list to the inbuilt weirdo lotro ordering, and you won't find out what it is until you load up and setup your guys into the groups. You should put your slot/character order organised in the Character Set for your raid, and you need a very specific virtualisation configuration, that will be Set specific and means you can't reorder your raid groups easily.

As for the variable keystrokes, yes you can use them for the Target Slot 1 etc. But when you get to the second group, then the F1 to F6 start again and apply to your group order, so your setup needs to know that Target Slot 7 (assuming this is the group leader for group 2), will really be F2 for slots 8 to 12.

So it is then a case of having slot 7 assist your main, via videofx or a repeater or something to target the main first, and then sending an assist to slot 7 so they get the main's target, and then issuing the assist to the others in group 2, or switching to slot 7, taking the target, and issuing the assist.
<<

ecgric

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:58 am

It doesn't sound like I am going to be able to figure this out easily. It also doesn't seem like it will be seem less like playing 6 man groups. A bit disappointing. Any help you could offer in the way of ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will have to order chars 7-12 in my set up. I never even thought about the second team starting over and having F1 - F6 again assigned to them but it makes sense. The hard part is going to be getting group 2 to see what the Raid leader in group one is doing. I have never used the videofx part of ISBoxer so I have no idea how to set it up. Guess some reading, no. A lot of reading is in order.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online