FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

follow when doing skirmishes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:12 pm

follow when doing skirmishes

anyone figure out how to get the slaves to just follow the main and not follow the mains soldier ? every other command to follow the slaves will target the mains soldier and follow him. have to hit follow twice to get them back on my main. ideas ??
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: follow when doing skirmishes

They follow the mains soldier because their target was already the main.
In LOTRO, the game mechanics are such that if you use the keybinds to target a character with a pet, and then you target them again it will switch to their pet. To fix it, make sure you aren't already targeting that character. Usually by using a 4 step mapped key.

Follow Main with Pet
Set to execute on "pressed OR released"
Step 1
Target self -> all other
Step 2
Target Slot {SLOT} -> all other
Step 3
Follow -> all other
Step 4
[no actions] <-- this is so it wont cycle back to step 1 on release.

No it's not pretty, and yep, it means a double tap to get a consistent follow method. But then, at least it will work and you will be following the main all the time.
<<

ecgric

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:36 pm

Thx bob. It worked perfectly.
<<

kemplaz

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:41 am

bob wrote:They follow the mains soldier because their target was already the main.
In LOTRO, the game mechanics are such that if you use the keybinds to target a character with a pet, and then you target them again it will switch to their pet. To fix it, make sure you aren't already targeting that character. Usually by using a 4 step mapped key.

Follow Main with Pet
Set to execute on "pressed OR released"
Step 1
Target self -> all other
Step 2
Target Slot {SLOT} -> all other
Step 3
Follow -> all other
Step 4
[no actions] <-- this is so it wont cycle back to step 1 on release.

No it's not pretty, and yep, it means a double tap to get a consistent follow method. But then, at least it will work and you will be following the main all the time.

I'm having the same issues but with 6 characters. My Cappies follow my Pet and I'm not familiar enough with Isboxer to figure this out on my own . can I see a screenshot of these done?
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:39 am

TwoStepFollow.png
TwoStepFollow.png (10.42 KiB) Viewed 14990 times

This is pretty much it.

To create manually, right click the Mapped Keys node in the lower left pane, select New Mapped Key.
Assign the Hotkey you want to use for this. Set the "Execute a Step when....." to "pressed OR released"
Select Step 1, and on the right pane, right click Actions, select Keystroke Actions -> Variable Keystroke Action
In the Target box, select "Group (others in):Follower" from the drop down, and select "Target Self" from the Variable Keystroke drop down.
Right click the Steps node on the lower left there, select New Step
Select Step 2, and on the right pane, right click Actions, select Keystroke Actions -> Variable Keystroke Action
In the Target box, select "Group (others in):Follower" from the drop down, and select "Target Slot 1" from the Variable Keystroke drop down, and then replace the 1 with "{SLOT}", w/o the quotes <- you have to type this yourself.
Select Step 3, and on the right pane, right click Actions, select Keystroke Actions -> Variable Keystroke Action
In the Target box, select "Group (others in):Follower" from the drop down, and select "Follow Target" from the Variable Keystroke drop down
Right click the Steps node on the lower left there, select New Step to create Step 4. Don't do anything with it.

You will also want to check that the Target Self actually works, so in the top left pane, goto Variable Keystrokes, in the lower left find Target Self, and make sure the Default Key Combination is set to F1.

And that's it.
Oh and in this sample I've used "other Follower", rather than "all other". Follower is an Action Target Group usually configured by the Quick Setup Wizard. If you don't want to use this, select "Window:All w/o Current" as the targets instead.
<<

kemplaz

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Ok this works great but now I have a new issue, F1 on all my characters targets my pet even if I hit F1 again and I have no way to make all of my guys to target themselves if I want to target myself do a heal or buff etc
<<

ecgric

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Hey all. Me and a buddy came up with a better way and its just one key press. Step 1 : target slot. Step 2 dbl action. Follow target and ESC key stroke. Works like a charm and only 1 key press. Set execute to press and release.
<<

kemplaz

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:45 pm

ecgric wrote:Hey all. Me and a buddy came up with a better way and its just one key press. Step 1 : target slot. Step 2 dbl action. Follow target and ESC key stroke. Works like a charm and only 1 key press. Set execute to press and release.

Can you write it our like BOB did Im a newbie to Isboxer and way to options for me to screw up
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:00 pm

It's just a smaller version of previous.

Right click the Mapped Keys node in the lower left pane, select New Mapped Key.
Assign the Hotkey you want to use for this. Set the "Execute a Step when....." to "pressed OR released"
Select Step 1, and on the right pane, right click Actions, select Keystroke Actions -> Variable Keystroke Action
In the Target box, select "Group (others in):Follower" from the drop down, and select "Target Slot 1" from the Variable Keystroke drop down, and then replace the 1 with "{SLOT}", w/o the quotes <- you have to type this yourself.
Select Step 2, and on the right pane, right click Actions, select Keystroke Actions -> Variable Keystroke Action
In the Target box, select "Group (others in):Follower" from the drop down, and select "Follow Target" from the Variable Keystroke drop down
right click Actions, select Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action
In the Target box, select "Group (others in):Follower" from the drop down, set the Key Combination to ESC

Return to Lord of the Rings Online