FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Failed to launch client error "with pic"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

buddydoggie200

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Failed to launch client error "with pic"

what's class_beorning.bik? it only installs when i run lotro with isboxer is this normal?

edit: it still doesnt work even when I turn off compitability and and download at programsfiles86
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 am

It is the video file for the beorning class. You can see class videos during character creation

If it is installing it would indicate that the UserPreferences.ini file that is being used does not have the line to indicate it has been downloaded/installed. Patching during startup with Innerspace is not great, but not the end of the world either. You should try and make sure you are patched outside of Innerspace. If you are still having issues with patching, then delete the character specific UserPreferences-charactername.ini files in your Documents\The Lord Of The Rings Online folder.

If it is still failing with the same error, I don't know what is going on. It is not one I've seen before, and it appears to be coming from the TurbineLauncher, although it is referring back to itself, which is weird.

Oh, do make sure that the Happy Cloud service is not installed/running. It was still hooking your processes according to the last diagnostic.
<<

buddydoggie200

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:14 am

bob wrote:It is the video file for the beorning class. You can see class videos during character creation

If it is installing it would indicate that the UserPreferences.ini file that is being used does not have the line to indicate it has been downloaded/installed. Patching during startup with Innerspace is not great, but not the end of the world either. You should try and make sure you are patched outside of Innerspace. If you are still having issues with patching, then delete the character specific UserPreferences-charactername.ini files in your Documents\The Lord Of The Rings Online folder.

If it is still failing with the same error, I don't know what is going on. It is not one I've seen before, and it appears to be coming from the TurbineLauncher, although it is referring back to itself, which is weird.

Oh, do make sure that the Happy Cloud service is not installed/running. It was still hooking your processes according to the last diagnostic.

wait I thought happy cloud couldnt be closed without closing the game and that it's mandatory for playing lotro? how do I play without happy cloud?
<<

buddydoggie200

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:19 am

Alright thanks I ended happy cloud using task manager and it works, but i'm still having issue where the cursor is not accurate. Like if I wanted to click "quit game" i'd have to hover my mosue beneath it like it's put in the wrong place or something. Sorry my english
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 am

buddydoggie200 wrote:Alright thanks I ended happy cloud using task manager and it works, but i'm still having issue where the cursor is not accurate. Like if I wanted to click "quit game" i'd have to hover my mosue beneath it like it's put in the wrong place or something. Sorry my english

This would most likely be related to your Window Layout and/or the game video settings. It sounds like the game is not in the resolution that ISBoxer is expecting. You can probably correct this by messing with the in-game video settings, specifically a) Fullscreen/Windowed setting, and b) DirectX 9 or 11 setting (cannot use 10), but if neither of those help then also c) the game's resolution setting.
<<

buddydoggie200

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:37 am

fixed: thanks m8
<<

dswtor

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:06 am

bob wrote:Well nothing too out of the ordinary.

I would start with removing the AppCompatibility flags on TurbineLauncher.exe.
C:\ProgramData\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\TurbineLauncher.exe: ~ RUNASADMIN WIN8RTM

One thing that seems extremely odd is the install location of LOTRO. C:\ProgramData\. Why is this not in C:\Program Files (x86)?.
Windows implements some specific security management over the C:\ProgramData folder that may be causing your issue. Try uninstalling LOTRO, and then re-install from your full download files to the normal location of C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\

Thanks for this as it solved my problem which was exactly the same as the op pictured.

I had installed yesterday and used express setup. Not sure if I picked the play instantly or not the first time through...

After uninstalling, this time I clicked "PC Download" and then chose custom setup which defaulted to install in ...\Program Files (x86)

I modified things to point to the new location and everything works now ;) Phew.
<<

kasmar45

Post Sun May 17, 2015 8:49 am

I am getting the identical result. The first instance loads fine. When the second instance begins to load, after entering the password, it puts up "INITIALIZING"" on the load window and then requests the game launcher. I put in Tubinelauncher.exe and up pops the client failed to load, identical to the op.
My game and innerspace is loaded on drive D:.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 am

kasmar45 wrote:I am getting the identical result.

The same processes we went through will apply to you too.
Start with a diagnostic. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics.

kasmar45 wrote:it puts up "INITIALIZING"" on the load window and then requests the game launcher. I put in Tubinelauncher.exe and up pops the client failed to load, identical to the op.

As this sounds like it is the TurbineLauncher putting this message up, then the launcher it is asking for is TurbineClientLauncher.exe; not that this should be happening.
<<

kasmar45

Post Mon May 18, 2015 5:56 pm

What kind of trouble can I get in by removing The Happy Cloud from my machine. Because, if I remove The Happy Cloud my Isboxer works fine.
PreviousNext

Return to Lord of the Rings Online