FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lotro will not launch after login with innnerspace

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hawkin90

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Re: Lotro will not launch after login with innnerspace

Ok. Thanks for the fast response the both of you! I will try disabling some of the stuff you mentioned. It's just that I ran all these programs before with no problems while multiboxing, but I guess updates to the programs might've changed their behaviour towards innerspace/isboxer.

One weird thing I notice that happens is that there's no sound whatsoever when I run the lotro from innerspace, yet it works fine when I run the game from steam/normal without steam. This sound issue started the same time as the freezes.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:34 pm

hawkin90 wrote:Ok. Thanks for the fast response the both of you! I will try disabling some of the stuff you mentioned. It's just that I ran all these programs before with no problems while multiboxing, but I guess updates to the programs might've changed their behaviour towards innerspace/isboxer.

As I mentioned, the update was to LOTRO, which changed the launching process and this affected the compatibility. Following that, Inner Space had to be updated to support the changes, which also affected the compatibility. We are now working through identifying what things cause problems for some people since this combination of updates.

One weird thing I notice that happens is that there's no sound whatsoever when I run the lotro from innerspace, yet it works fine when I run the game from steam/normal without steam.

This is probably from the Character Set setting "Mute background window audio and un-Mute foreground window audio", assuming you have enabled that at some point. Check the Windows volume mixer -- left click on the Volume icon and at the bottom click on "Mixer". This brings up muting and volume per window; this is what ISBoxer uses to mute or un-mute the audio. The "no sound" problem occurs because Windows "remembers" the state from when the program was run before. (However, ISBoxer was updated some time ago to un-mute the audio anyway. So it should not be muted...)

If it's NOT muted there, and you get no sound, then there's a good chance that both your crashing ("not launching") and the sound issue are both caused by ASUS Xonar. You can rule this out by shutting down Xonar (as was already suggested, but now it's more of a suspect than before due to the no sound issue)
Code:
3. AsusAudioCenter - Process ID: 4412 (C:\Program Files\ASUS Xonar D2X Audio\Customapp\ASUSAUDIOCENTER.EXE)
28. MXmon - Process ID: 4504 (C:\Program Files\ASUS Xonar D2X Audio\Customapp\MXMon.exe)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 pm

As a lot of these issues stemmed from the update where turbineclientlauncher.exe process became a man in the middle to help turbine track client failures, you could try launching without it.

Usually found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online, rename the turbineclientlauncher.exe file. Then run the turbinelauncher using the "-nosplash -disablePatch -skiprawdownload" parameters. You may need to edit your game profile to add these parameters

The launcher will ask you for the executable to run. Point this to lotroclient.exe and you're away. Annoyingly it will ask you this every time, but this is to test if it will get you up an running. If it does work, it will be an annoying, but suitable workaround until a better one comes along. If it doesn't resolve your problem, rename the turbineclientlauncher.exe back. During Patch Day, or if you don't use the parameters you will end up downloading this file again, so you will need to maintain it if it causes you an issue.

It's been noted that turbineclientlauncher.exe is launching the lotroclient.exe with the DEBUG_PROCESS flag (presumably to grab a callback on the process exception handler), so it may be causing some kind of issue, and removing the turbineclientlauncher.exe will stop that.
Last edited by bob on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 am

Another thing that has popped up recently is that the displays are being reordered; i.e. the Display that ISBoxer previously called DISPLAY4 is now DISPLAY1 or something similar.

Behind the scenes you have video devices like the below (note some of these are hidden or virtualised).
Code:
Video 1: \\.\DISPLAY1/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Video 2: \\.\DISPLAY2/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Video 3: \\.\DISPLAYV1/RDPDD Chained DD
Video 4: \\.\DISPLAYV2/RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
Video 5: \\.\DISPLAYV3/RDP Reflector Display Driver

And then there are monitors associated with it like
Code:
Monitor 1: \\.\DISPLAY1 (0,0,1920,1080) (1920x1080) PRIMARY

It appears that a driver update (and possibly some other reasons too) may cause Windows to reorder some of these (not sure which ones, as I don't know what ISBoxer is using to define a DISPLAY - Video or Monitor?). This reordering causes some issue within Inner Space and the Window Layouts (guessing that Inner Space is trying to reference a device which is no longer in use??), and this in turn causes LOTRO (and probably other games) to to fail to launch or perform really badly.
You can tell if this is happening to you because if you create a new Window Layout in ISBoxer then the blue displays will have different numbers compared to your old Window Layouts despite being in the same positions.
If this is the case for you, then delete your old Window Layouts (and yes, this is necessary otherwise there will still be some references to the wrong display values and it causes the weird issues, even if you are not using that Window Layout), create some new ones to replace them, Export to Inner Space, completely close down ISBoxer and Inner Space, then restart Inner Space and launch away.
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online