FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

problem when the head dies

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:30 am

Re: problem when the head dies

I can't link the little spreadsheet I had and the formatting goes a bit wonky on this board (removes tabs and multiple spaces) so I'm going to try again with an image.

You need to validate the following table by logging into the game with the characters in the correct slots (this needs to be consistent each time), inviting all your toons to a group, with the party leader and the order of invite/accept the consistent order you have been/will be using for all time (for this particular character set anyway). The acceptance order of the f/ship invites is more important than the issuing of invites. You can't use broadcast to accept the invites as the order is not going to be the same every time due to lag.
n.b. I tend to have my character slot order the same as the invite order, but this is not required, but it makes the below table mostly correct.

Now this is the ideal world, and matches your ISboxer profile, which is obviously not working and needs correcting.
It is meant to be read across and up, so assuming slot 1 has character D in, and D is the party leader, and the invite and accept order (note: acceptance order of f/ship invites is also important) is D invites T, who accepts before, then A who accepts, then Q then F then S.
This results in D will press F1 to select D, F2 to select T, F3 to select A, F4 to select Q etc. If you go to each slot, press the F1 to F6 keys, and note who they target and make sure it matches the above. If it does not, then note who the Fkey does target and move the Fkey notation around (and of course that means you will have at least 2 Fkeys that need to move around for that particular row).

Usually I find that the first 3 or 4 characters in Lotro are correct according to the above table, but the last 2 tend to have the F4,F5,F6 in a different order. Once you have a corrected table, apply it to the Variable Keystrokes for each slot. Again, it is to be read across, so if you are setting Slot 6, then the Target Slot 1 will be F2, Target Slot 2 is F3, Target Slot 3 is F4 etc.

Worth noting too. If you have a party member which leaves the F/Ship and then rejoins, it will break the above table because it reorders the f/ship. So, for example, if you get client crashes and it drops you from the party when you log that slot back in (by relaunching the character set and letting Innerspace load up any missing slots) you need to disband and reform the party. Same if you drop out a character because they need to run a solo quest or something.
<<

kemplaz

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Ok went in game sent this all up one each character and still now luck... I always invite one at a time in the same order. For some season now no one targets anyone with the chart setting.

How do I see the targeting setup in ISboxer other then doing a new Quick setup.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:07 pm

The table above it not about setting anything up in game. It is about confirming how it is behaving, and noting it in your table (I did it in Excel, but paper is just as good). In Lotro the Select Fellow bind should all be the defaults of F1 to F6. There should be no need to change this.

selectFellow.png
selectFellow.png (75.2 KiB) Viewed 6267 times

Once you have confirmed the behaviour of the Select Fellow commands in the game, and which character is selected on each keypress, from the perspective of each character then you can check the ISboxer configuration to see if it matches.

In ISboxer, in the top left you goto Character Sets -> YourCharacterSet. In the lower left you select Slot -> 1, then in the lower right, you select the Variable Keystrokes tab. You then need to check that the table there matches the ROW for slot 1 and that it matches the game behaviour as per your table. You then need to check slot 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
targettable3.png
targettable3.png (58.45 KiB) Viewed 6267 times

And it is worth noting that the Quick Setup Wizard recommends you do not name your characters with just numbers, so I am hoping that your names of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 was just because you were pasting your profile. The profile copy in ISBoxer will anonymise character names for you so this was unnecessary.

If you still can't figure it out, give me screen shots of the party lists from each character. I.e. 6 screenshots of six party lists.
<<

kemplaz

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks For all the help Bob. if I switch to 6 different accounts will will this affect the following? should I just make a new charterer set?
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online