FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with mouse view control

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fairview1100

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Problems with mouse view control

I installed ISBoxer/Innerspace and ran successfully during the trial. I have registered/subscribed the program and late last week it downloaded one of the test updates. I show current innerspace v1.11 build 5305.

When I login into lotro now the mouselook/character view moves to a direct overhead view and the mouse will just spin the character around. I cannot move to the normal view perspective. Did something change in the latest build that broke me? Any suggestions what to check to fix? The mouse itself is working in the game as I can hit ESC to bring up the normal game menu and select options. I have not yet configured any keys or anything else other than the default install as indicated in the intro video.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:20 am

Re: Problems with mouse view control

You do not need to be using the development build of Inner Space, but like the patch notes say:
Code:
- NOTE: This build is currently the DEVELOPMENT BUILD and we do expect to continue making changes before its
        release. If you have new problems, please report them and mention the version of Windows and the game
        you're playing, and go back to the live build. Thanks!

With that said, I do need to know what mode the game is in. Press the ` key to bring up the in-game IS console and enter the command "displayinfo" with no quotes. This will output some basic info about the game's display mode, it'll look something like this:
Adapter resolution: 1600x900
Current display mode: 1600x900 (windowed)
Window viewable size: 1600x900
Display Scale: 100.0%x100.0%, Distortion: 0.0%

Click and drag with the mouse to highlight those lines, whatever text shows up in the highlight will be copied to clipboard automatically for you to paste to me. Then paste it to me. ;) The current display mode line will say one of three things at the end, either windowed, forced window, or full screen. Probably windowed, but I need to know for testing.

You might be able to correct the issue for now by switching the game itself to full screen mode -- that will work better in 1.11 5305 than with 1.10 5245 (the non-dev build). Or, just go back to the non-dev build.
<<

fairview1100

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 pm

I need to utilize the dev build as the v1.10 build 5425 has an issue (for me at least) with the mouse cursor being offset so that it doesn't line up with the onscreen selection. I am running in windowed mode.

For testing, I have re-installed Innerspace on a seperate machine from the direct download link. Utilizing the normal build gives me:

Adapter resolution: 1280x800
Current display mode: 1257x699 (windowed)
Window viewable size: 1241x661
Display Scale: 98.7%x94.6%, Distortion: 4.2%

Under this configuration, mouselook works, but the mouse cursor is offset downwards.

So, I enable the Download development option and restarted with v1.1 build 5305.

Adapter resolution: 1280x800
Current display mode: 1257x699 (windowed)
Window viewable size: 1257x699
Display Scale: 100.0%x100.0%, Distortion: 0.0%

With the dev build again the mouselook now just rotates the view to directly overhead and does nothing but spin around instead of moving perspective angle.

Let me know what other info I can provide.

Also, is there a way to down-rev to previous test versions so I can try them until I find which one worked correctly?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Switch the game to full screen mode (check the box in the in-game options), then close and restart, and it should work fine for the moment. With the dev build.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out right away
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Build 5306 is now available as the dev build, and corrects this issue. Thanks :)
<<

fairview1100

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Applied the latest patch and it works fine now. Thanks for the fast fix!

Return to Lord of the Rings Online