FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SOLVED: TDM gone and thus the -usetdm option useless?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:37 pm

SOLVED: TDM gone and thus the -usetdm option useless?

It seems the Turbine has abandon'd TDM:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?348362-Thank-You-For-Removing-Tdm!!!

As a side effect, the client now forces a check on the game files. This is preventing a 2nd coy of the game from launching from the same directory, even with the -usetdm option. I'm currently working around this with multiple install directories, but I'd love to get away from that. Are there are other options to do this? Would symlink-ing part of the directory structure work?
Last edited by ShadowKntSDS on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: TDM gone and thus the -usetdm option useless?

That thread is from almost 2 months ago, the -usetdm option still works. I just downloaded and installed the client and patched up and used it a few hours ago on a new PC.

If you are launching via TurbineInvoker.exe try TurbineLauncher.exe instead, or vice versa
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: TDM gone and thus the -usetdm option useless?

Thanks! I was using TurbineLauncher, which is the default for the Win 7 profile (I'm using win 7). I swapped to TurbineInvoker, and that fixed the problem. This also fixed my -username problem as well!

Is there any reason that the default for win 7 is the launcher vs the invoker? Anyone know the actual difference between the two?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: SOLVED: TDM gone and thus the -usetdm option useless?

It may be an Inner Space issue, I'm going to look into it asap
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 pm

I tried this outside of Inner Space as well. I was unable to launch 2 clients with TurbineLauncher, but was able to do so with TurbineInvoker. Same thing with the -username issue. IS/ISBoxer didnt seem to have anything to do with it.

I double checked the default profile setup by the wizard for LOTRO, and it does indeed use the Invoker. Either I saw a guide where i said to select the Win 7 profile, or I just saw it and assumed it was correct.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 am

Yeah, that's the one that works for me on Windows 7, it might not be a Vista vs 7 thing after all. I will take a look at it
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Okay, I looked into this here's how it works.

TurbineLauncher.exe will launch TurbineInvoker.exe, to re-launch TurbineLauncher.exe, if it does not have an "-invoker" parameter.

he best way to launch LOTRO (and I think this goes for DDO as well) and bypass the patcher, thus bypassing "Unspecified patch error" at the "Examine Game Data" step, is to run TurbineLauncher.exe with parameters -usetdm -invoker

The coming build of Inner Space (5290 or later) will automatically correct any usage of TurbineLauncher.exe with -usetdm to include the -invoker parameter, when the game is being launched (it wont change existing LOTRO profiles), and the game detection will automatically use the correct settings.
<<

vaghabundo

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 pm

How do you find the parameters?

Is it possible to pass the username to the launcher? So that i only input the pass ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Return to Lord of the Rings Online