FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Curious to dual boxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Celebcair

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:42 am

Curious to dual boxing

I have a question if I may. I am currently using aWin7 32bit on a Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @ 2Ghz with 3gb of RAM and a 1Gb video card. I play lotro but at times think itd be nice to be able to level my rk and guardian if I start a new account. Would my system be fine to use ISBoxer on 1 pc 1 widescreen 21' monitor? Or perhaps should I think about connecting my old pc to the same monitor as well?
Last edited by Celebcair on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

SilentSpace

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Curious to dual boxing

Celebcair wrote:I have a question if I may. I am currently using Win7 32bit with 3gb of RAM and a 1Gb video card. I play lotro but at times think itd be nice to be able to level my rk and guardian if I start a new account. Would my system be fine to use ISBoxer on 1 pc 1 widescreen 21' monitor? Or perhaps should I think about connecting my old pc to the same monitor as well?

Your informations about your system are scantily. I think the best method is try and error. :)
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:00 am

It might work but memory may become an issue. I use a dual core on an Alienware m17 laptop and make it work with 3 accounts but I also upgraded to 4gb and would go even more if 8gb didn't cost 800.00 the last time I checked for my laptop.
A 21 in screen should have no problem handling it as I do the same with a 17 screen on the M17.
You may also run into an issue with your OS. Older 32bit OS's like XP can only see out to about 2.5gb of extended memory. Now being that your running Win 7 it may see all of what you have. While memory isn't an issue with most games like WoW, Lotro is different as it's a hog. I would say about 1.2gb per each instance that you will run. As you can see from that it doesn't leave much for your OS to work with.
Those are the things I had to address when I started boxing lotro.
Hope that answers your questions.
XP.
<<

Celebcair

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 am

Yeah thanks for that being new to the dualboxing thing I did give it a go with the second account running very low graphic quality just in case. Seemed to work fine for about 3 to 4hrs was fishing both toons and questing having my rk be my guards healer I did notice a slight delay on engaging combat where the guard would already use guardians ward yet the rk wouldnt always fire of scribe's spark think due to distance it was still following to get close to the guard before combat.

Ok so 8gb of RAM should fix it up so the OS has enough processing memory too ill do that next week. I did notice my cpu usage where if I use one account is usually in the 40 to 45% range but it was around the 60 to 85% mark climbing into the 98% range when riding into towns too should I maybe look into upgrading the chipset to a quadcore perhaps as well?

Return to Lord of the Rings Online