FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Animation Changes For Skill Timer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

greaterdemon

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Animation Changes For Skill Timer

is is possible to do an animation change for x amount of time so you know not to press the skill again i know you can do it with a timer but wondering if its possible with an animation change :?:
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Re: Animation Changes For Skill Timer

If you take the view that animations are just a series of preconfigured images, then yes. You can setup a menu button, and using a timer or two, have it cycle through a series of images, just providing you an animation.

A really simple approach to get you started, and if you are already using a menu/clickbar, is simply to have it change the border colour of that button from green to red when you click/press the hotkey for the menu, and then use a timer to set it back to green when the time is up. To make it fancier you could cycle through a few colours as it gets closer to time up. When you've got that to a happy state, replace the border colour with images.
<<

firescue17

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:22 pm

The HUD menu timers in my videos use this same principle. As opposed to changing images, it changes the countdown text and shows me how many seconds until the Character is no longer busy executing an Action.
<<

greaterdemon

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 am

ah cool is there a good guide explaining exactly what i want to do or could some1 explain to a layman ive messed around with it today and had limited sucess when i press the click bar the new image appears but i can't then get rid of that image after x amount of seconds any1 help much appreciated

steps
change button 1 in menu standard -> 1 - timer1 in 0.1 secs
1 -> 1
1 -> 4
1 -> 5
change button 1 in menu standard -> 1 - timer1 in 4 secs
<<

firescue17

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:24 am

It sounds like the Maximum Timers in group is not set correctly.

A 3 second countdown looks like:

Change Button X in Button Set Y: Change Text = 3 (no timer, this takes place immediately)
Change Button X in Button Set Y: Change Text = 2 - in 1 second
Change Button X in Button Set Y: Change Text = 1 - in 2 seconds
Change Button X in Button Set Y: Change Text = blank (revert to default image) - in 3 seconds

Maximum Number of Timers in Group = 3; New timers after this number is met (in this group) will ... replace existing timers.

If you're not using a countdown, but only a change upon activation and a revert to default upon timer expiration, the maximum number of timers should be 1.
<<

greaterdemon

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:17 pm

thanks for all your help got it working now i've found the timers/text can be iffy sometimes, it stays on the number 1 text and dos'nt revert back to the original image with no text on but i know the skill has rest so it not a biggy thanks again u made my day getting this 2 work :D
<<

greaterdemon

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:20 am

ive fixed the text issue i had, is it possible to link 2 buttons together, so 2 skills count down when u press either button as i have a burglar and captain linked together but sometimes i have it set were the captain attacks so have his skill is seperate on another button :?:
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:34 am

Yes. Using my above example, add a duplicate set of button change Actions targeting the second button and increase the Maximum number of timers to 6.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online