FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LotRO Crashes Under Innerspace

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gorthu

Post Thu May 29, 2014 9:06 am

Re: LotRO Crashes Under Innerspace

Ok, we can rule out any problem associated with happy cloud. I found a backup of a lotro install from several years ago, before happy cloud. This version updated to current. Happy Cloud was never installed or used. I still crash after I get to the selection screen. I wait for the characters to load up just to see if i'm going to crash. This has to be a Win8 + LotRO + IS issue. So any ideas, I'm up for trying.
<<

Gorthu

Post Thu May 29, 2014 11:38 pm

I'm pretty sure I have identified the culprit. Just don't know how to fix it. The "patchclient.dll" file in LotRO is causing the problem I'm having. I replaced it with an older version and IS can launch LotRO and It will allow me to enter the game and play. Two problems here - 1) it downloads a new "patchclient.dll" file and 2) IS does not identify the game window as Ctrl Alt 1 or whatever you give it. When the 2nd instance launches, this instance crashes at the character selection screen. I can replace the "patchclient.dll" that was downloaded after the first instance was launched and the second instance will be just like the first. They both will be running, but no IS control. No IS window configuration is used in either instance. More like the "default lotro" would be if IS launched, not the ISBoxer config.
<<

Skarling

Post Sat May 31, 2014 4:54 am

You may also want to check if your setup has approriate Virtual settings files for you character slots. If you use wizard to create teams, they are created automatically - UserPreference.ini - for each character
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:01 am

Another person has had an issue with the Toshiba Qosimo and Windows 8. He managed to get around the problem by making forcing the Intel Gfx driver to an older version that came with his laptop.

If he lets it update to a new release for Win8 or Win8.1 then it causes Innerspace to throw an access violation ( error code 0x00000005).

I'll see if I can get the version number..

edit: reportedly v 9.17.10.2828 works on his Toshiba Q.
<<

Gorthu

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks Jonesy. I will try this out. It may take me some time, but I'll post what happens.
<<

Gorthu

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:35 pm

jonesy wrote:Another person has had an issue with the Toshiba Qosimo and Windows 8. He managed to get around the problem by making forcing the Intel Gfx driver to an older version that came with his laptop.

If he lets it update to a new release for Win8 or Win8.1 then it causes Innerspace to throw an access violation ( error code 0x00000005).

I'll see if I can get the version number..

edit: reportedly v 9.17.10.2828 works on his Toshiba Q.

Thank you so much for this info. IT WORKS!!!!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:06 am

Woohoo I got one right!!
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online