FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Group Builds for dungeons

Moderator: MiRai

<<

greaterdemon

Post Wed May 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Group Builds for dungeons

in a bit stuck on the great barrow so wondering wot other people groups have been i've tried minstrel,4 rangers and a guardian then switched out a ranger for a champion but still struggling on the heals so saw a warden and 5 lore-masters on utube so busy leveling them up at the moment, any recomendations that people use to sucess would be appreciated :D
<<

DutchEZmoder

Post Sat May 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Group Builds for dungeons

I've done all GB instances on lvl20 and above with multiple setups.

1: GRD, MNS, LM, BRG, CPT and RK
2: 5x LM
3: 5x HNT

With the first setup ofc the GRD tanked everything and the others do DPS and the burglar + cpt do their buffs for +20% inc damage on the target and more crit chance/damage.
MNS heals, cpt does some good heals and when needed the LM did some heals. Not much problems.

With the 5x LMs their bears will tank 1 at a time with their forced taunts and they just DPS the bosses down, when a pet dies you can resummon in combat nowadays, so that's really easy.

With the hnts i spread out in a circle and then full dps everything down, and the boss will often switch aggro and has to move to another hunter all the time. Together with food and morale pots it's doable but some GBs can be really hard.
<<

Skarling

Post Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 am

Re: Group Builds for dungeons

I am running Guard, Mini, LM and 3 hunters. Lotro dungeon bosses are pretty tough, so I suggest you may want to wait until 30 or even 40 and get your gear to blue quality - so get your crafters going asap, have them join craft guilds too. Crafted blue gear is very very good. Do as many deeds as you can, concentrate on acquiring those virtues that add mitigations - like Zeal, Innocence, Tolareance etc. Personally, I level my team in increments - like 20, 30, 40, 58, 75 etc - and then stop xp gain at these levels via equipping purchasable pocket item (Lotro store, "turtle" something), don new gear and continue clearing relevant zones/dungeons without outlevelling them. You should also pay attention to class deeds, requiring you to use some skill x times, they award talent points, with them you can get better skills too to help you out in tough situations.

GB dungeons scale with your level (or you can set them for a fixed level above minimum 20 if you find some to be particularly difficult), so you are not missing out on anything, besides, from certain level you start getting skirmish marks for completing them.

Have fun :)

Return to Lord of the Rings Online