FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having a hard time

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ymister

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:46 am

Having a hard time

Hi Gang,

I started out with the tutorials, and videos, etc.. I started with the quick setup wizard, and just tried that as a basic, with lotro keymaps matching isboxer config. When i go to select my leader, in every other window it selects a different guy so when i go to follow they are not following the leader they selected themselves so it doesnt work. I used the autofill feature i watch on a video and it filled and i set the options accordingly. That didn't worked so i tried a script on the forums here, and adjusted everything as per the key mappings and i still couldnt get it to work. I am using 4 characters and getting lost and a bit frustrated. I thought i was doing well but when they didnt do the follow i just am lost i guess and need a bit of guidance.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:08 am

Re: Having a hard time

When i go to select my leader

Can you be more specific? What are you doing to select your leader? (what buttons are you pressing, or clicking, etc?)

Broadcasting Mode should be off, and if you want everyone to target the same thing you generally should just target it with your current window, and then press your Assist Me hotkey (Alt+A by default). If you set up the targeting table on the Game Key Bindings tab during the Quick Setup Wizard, then everyone should target the same thing.
<<

ymister

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi Lax,

I select f1 or f2 i can't remeber exactly but f1 will select my tank, f2 my champ, f3, mini, f4 hunter. I try without broadcast mode, and then with. I am going to try what you said and see if maybe I missed something. I will go ahead and check things out with what you said and see if i can get it working. Thanks for replying.
<<

ymister

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi,

So i retried without broadcast and alt-f is follow, alt-u is interact alt-a is assist target. I select my leader, and press alt-f and the crafting window comes up for the other 3 characters. My file is inclued.

http://www.privatepaste.com/07641095bd

i keep trying, im not giving up.

Thanks,
<<

Kaische

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:11 pm

The problem is that you changed in the configuration from Krixost the Variable Keystroke "Assist Target LoTRO" to Alt+T.

The Mapped Key "A_Assist and Engage" as well as the Mapped Key "Z_Assist Me" don't have the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" enabled. For LOTRO this is required if ISBoxer wants to send a keystroke with a modifier to the game.
In the Alt+T example only T will get send to the game ... which opens the crafting window per default.

Solution: Set the Variable Keystroke "Assist Target LoTRO" back to F ... which is the default assist key in LOTRO.

But, i really suggest that you watch the LOTRO Walkthrough and don't change key bindings in LOTRO. Try to get familiar with multiboxing and ISBoxer and after that you can give another users configuration a try. It can be very irritating if the other user changed the ingame key bindings and you run in problems because you have setup others.
<<

ymister

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:35 am

Awesome thanks Kaische. I will do that
<<

ymister

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:20 am

Thank you so much, what i did was started with the persons other script and then it didnt work so i watched that video way before and because i messed around with the keymappings trying to get the other script to work the video didn't work. I reset everything to default, followed the video, and everything is working fine. Happy Duck.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
<<

krixost

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:51 pm

The Mapped Key "A_Assist and Engage" as well as the Mapped Key "Z_Assist Me" don't have the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" enabled. For LOTRO this is required if ISBoxer wants to send a keystroke with a modifier to the game. In the Alt+T example only T will get send to the game ... which opens the crafting window per default.

That is because all the Z_Commands are coming from something else....in this case A_Assist and Engage (F Key) is PRESSED OR RELEASED....meaning it is Executed Twice!!
That means Z_Assist Me....which has 2 Steps....executes Step 1 on the Press of F and again when Released. If you QUICKLY (less than 100ms is what I found) tap the F Key the Assist May Not work....Slow Down and Press then Release. Works every time.

By the Way....the Default LoTRO Assist is F (No Modifiers)....ALT+F# keys Assist Particular Group Members but this does not work at this time....I remember it working a long time ago but not now for some reason.

This is done Automatically with the F Key Release (Step 2): To get the Combat Mode working properly simply press U for Use Object and the Auto Attack will start (enter combat mode). This is also the Default Universal Interaction Key for most things (Delete for Items and Resource Nodes)

Manual Sequence for LoTRO Assisting:
F# for Group Member
F for Assist
U for Use

So if you press F2 then F everyone will Assist and Follow/Use/Combat the Target of F2....same goes for F3 and F4

ISBoxer LoTRO Configuration:
F Press Step 1: Select Self (F1) so that companions will not be targetted
F Release Step 2: Select Currently Active Window, Assist the Active Window, Use the Object/NPC Targetted.

So basically 1 button doing 2 steps.

Krixa

Return to Lord of the Rings Online