FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

be warned lotro banning boxers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lotro

Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:37 am

Re: be warned lotro banning boxers

As long as you don't break there rules, you shouldn't be banned. Happy gaming people. :)

-----------
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Turbine Customer Support: #24001-544355
To: "********************>

Greetings ,

Thank you for your response. Your request has been escalated to a senior member and reviewed in detail.

Your original question:
"If I used dual clients on one hardware machine in combination with a gaming keyboard (Logitech G13) and the ISboxer/Innerspace software, will I be violating the rules?"

I am sorry, but an answer to this question is not a simple "yes" or "no". We do not support the software listed. This combination will be breaking the rules if you do one of the following:

-engage in 'unattended gameplay'. When dual clienting or dual boxing, you must be playing the game on each client. Software or hardware cannot be playing the game for you
-use any software that edits or modifies the game software

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please respond to this email, and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank You,
Senior Customer Service Agent

CarpeNoctem

Turbine, powered by our fans.

-------

They also reference this link which is not entirely clear and the reason why I sent them that email. https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/showthread.php?305511-duel-boxing-not-working&p=4247689#post4247689
<<

kasmar45

Post Thu May 21, 2015 9:27 am

I have also been told that multi boxing is allowed, as long as you do not create bots. Why do you think that LOTRO has the option to run multiple instances??? Also, if you ignore a GMs' pm that is a sure way to get a vacation from LOTRO. I was a senior guide for Everquest when guides still had some in game authority. I was Elindill on the Bristlebane server and if any of you played back then you might recognize the name. Anyway, if I pm'd a player and got no response my next pm was to my GM. He would also PM the player and if he got no response we assumed he was a bot. You can usually spot them fairly easily because they will be doing repetitive actions very quickly and without stopping. And, they will not respond to PMs. One thing you have to be careful of is having several chars following you about. That will usually attract the attention of a GM. You need to be prepared to answer a PM from the GM. I will give another clue here. In LOTRO we can put our char to work tanning up to 100 leather or other crafting actions. That in itself is not illegal. But, if you do that, you better not walk away from your screen, because if a GM PMs you and you do not answer s/he will assume a bot and you can get suspended.

So, it is not using Isboxer that will get you suspended... It is using Isboxer to do repetitive actions while you are away from your keyboard that can get you in trouble. This is true in any MMO, not just LOTRO.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu May 21, 2015 9:32 am

I'm going to have to ask that you stop necro'ing threads on this forum and making them look as if they're actively being participated in, when in fact they're over a year old.

Multiboxing in LotRO is obviously allowed—Locking thread.
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online