FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

be warned lotro banning boxers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

snoopkimble

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:16 am

be warned lotro banning boxers

After playing for nearly 7 years and boxing the entire time, I had 3 alts banned

I was banned for unattended game play, I was on my main running a team and 3 different GM's pmed 3 of my /followed alts. I was deeding my alts
did not see them pm me and a gm gave me 30 seconds to responds. I was banned for 7 days on them 3 accounts, I sent 3 tickets and also send Sap a message via
the forums but they never answer back
<<

snoopkimble

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Re: be warned lotro banning boxers

Greetings BLABLABLA,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have reviewed the circumstances surrounding this suspension, and have determined that it was warranted. Our Code of Conduct specifically states:

"18. You may not create, post, use or distribute any utilities, emulators or other third party software tools without the express written permission of Turbine (including, without limitation, macroing programs, botting programs, server emulators, client hacks, map hacks, and data gathering utilities)."

As a result of your engaging in the use of a macroing/botting program, this suspension will remain in full force and effect.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please respond to this email and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
Senior Customer Service Agent

Ogdred

That is the response I got from lotro, I only use ISBOXER and no other programs all becuase I was boxing and had 5 alts on follow and did not respond to gm's pm, so be warned
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:10 pm

That is a shame that the customer service rep interpreted their rule in that way.

Here's the result of a previous inquiry... http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/19768-MB-Current-MMOs
Dungeons & Dragons Online & The Lord of the Rings Online

Turbine Ticket # 200099 {and 200101}

Multi-boxing is completely acceptable for any Turbine game. Our terms of service do specifically warn against Unattended Combat Macros; however this type of action is completely different than multi-boxing. Turbine as a company does understand the significant differences and thus doesn't prevent multi-boxing in any way.

You may have luck pushing your ticket higher up in the chain, sometimes the first people you get really don't know and are left to their own as far as how to respond to you about something they are unsure of.

You'll note, however, that their Code of Conduct specifically bans ANY "utilities, emulators or other third party software tools", regardless of the examples specified in parentheses under "including". So you could point out, entirely correctly, that it is also not allowed to use any other software (including Windows and DirectX, both required in order to play the game) on your PC because they are all third-party, and therefore the intent of the rule they quoted is completely unclear. It's impossible to play the game without violating this rule.
<<

snoopkimble

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:24 pm

I mentioned the windows in a a response and the GM gave me an additional week of ban, It is just upsetting how they act, most gm's are like cops tthink there stuff dont stink,
I had 20 vip accounts and cancelled everyone I just move to a more friendly game.
<<

Kaische

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:11 am

snoopkimble wrote:I mentioned the windows in a a response and the GM gave me an additional week of ban, It is just upsetting how they act, most gm's are like cops tthink there stuff dont stink,
I had 20 vip accounts and cancelled everyone I just move to a more friendly game.

Uh ... Wrong?

Demand to speak to a Senoir GM and be persistent!

If GM XXXXXXX gave you an answer that does sound wrong and/or ban you for MORE time ..... demand that SENOIR GM. And you can request some VIP time if that previous GM does his job not good.

Be specific and polite as you can to that "big guy", he can mark your accounts as ""good"" and give you goodies.

EDIT: typos & spellings...
<<

snoopkimble

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Well I did a BBB and they un-banned them but I am done with lotro, All they said was sorry, A senor GM gave me a week of Free VIP for the misunderstanding, and said they pmed me more than once, they pmed me 1 time and said if i did not answer in 30 seconds I would be banned. I had just logged on to the game was was setting up my alts. To be honest I am prety much done with the GM's attitude and already cancelled all 20 of my VIP's
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:52 pm

snoopkimble wrote:Well I did a BBB and they un-banned them but I am done with lotro, All they said was sorry, A senor GM gave me a week of Free VIP for the misunderstanding, and said they pmed me more than once, they pmed me 1 time and said if i did not answer in 30 seconds I would be banned. I had just logged on to the game was was setting up my alts. To be honest I am prety much done with the GM's attitude and already cancelled all 20 of my VIP's

Glad to hear they reversed it for you and made an attempt at making it right. Any of us would have a sour taste in our mouth after that; thanks for sharing your experiences
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:06 pm

It sounds like the lower level GM doesn't really want your business.
The upper level management might, but when the underlings have that kind of an attitude...

Plenty of games out there to experiment with.

Lots of places to spend cash on, that actually want you to enjoy their game... and not just to take your money.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

DutchEZmoder

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:53 am

Sorry to hear this, but i think it was very good support from the upper level though. They admitted their mistake and compensated for it.

I'm multiboxing for a year or so now and never got banned for it. Though i know MANY people reported me, GM's did nothing. I guess it's just unfortunate that a 'junior' gm contacted a follower and because of no response he might thought it was a bot. But multiboxing is allowed in lotro.
<<

Sheriziya

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:48 pm

This has also been confirmed multiple times by Rick "Sapience" Heaton on the official forums. Multiboxing IS allowed. Rank farming, however is not allowed. There's a difference.
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online