FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse issues on slave machine

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bryan9129

Post Sun May 23, 2010 10:45 am

Mouse issues on slave machine

I got my 2 computer setup working running 4 on my main box and 2 on my second machine, everything works nicely for the most part. The mouse has issues on the slave machine though. There is a resolution issue and the cursor doesnt line up, but that seems easier to fix. The main problem is that when I turn my mouse repeater on to hand in quests or whatnot, the slave machine seems to cache all the movements and the play them back at 1\10th speed or so. If i use the repeater and quickly accept a quest, then turn the repeater OFF, the mouse on my slave machine will wander around the desktop for 90 seconds or so and i cant even override it with the mouse that is hardwired to that machine -- so it takes about 2 minutes to accept a single quest for my group using this setup lol.

I have tried everything i can think of if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
<<

Bryan9129

Post Sun May 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: Mouse issues on slave machine

It might also be of interest to note that the 2 cursors on the slave machine do not stay inside the regions, they float all over my desktop and off the screen, clicking on my desktop and such.
<<

creo

ISBoxer Expert

Post Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Mouse issues on slave machine

So, you add a new repeater state action to a step on a mapped key and you set the target and choose mouse repeat and most likely "toggle" so that the same mapped key will both turn it on and then back off. What is the target of this action? It should be "Window Current". If you have it set to "all" or something else other than "Window Current", then you would get odd behavior, possibly like what you are describing. The slaves on the second comp would be the most exaggerated since everything is being sent to them over the network... You would have to say for sure based on your setup, but I would think this is the most likely cause of your issue...

If not, then perhaps the following will shed some light on the cause.

What of the 3 other slaves on your main, do they not exhibit this same behavior? Do you have one of the 2 slaves on your second comp in the foreground when you turn on mouse repeat? I ask this because you would generally not have much desktop showing when you have a game in the foreground. Also, what is the type of the mouse on the second comp, and are you using a generic Microsoft mouse driver or is it a driver supplied with the mouse?

If you move your mouse to a specific location on your main, turn on mouse repeating and only move the cursor a very short distance (say a couple of inches) and then turn off repeating (mouse repeating is only on for a couple of seconds at most), what is the behavior on the slaves on the second comp? Or, if you turn on mouse repeating and do not move the cursor at all on the main and then turn it back off after a couple of seconds, does the cursor on the slaves move at all?

I use a 2 computer setup with LOTRO running either 2 + 3 or 3 + 3 and use mouse repeat to turn in quest / choose destinations from the stable, etc... All without any issue such as you are indicating.

On a side note, something you may find useful for future reference: For things where you just want to move the cursor to a location and click a dialog etc, there is a "send next click" action that can be used which essentially will turn repeating on until you click and then it is turned off. This will not work for everything, since at times you will need to click on a couple of things for all the slaves (i.e. at the stable you have to both click the desired destination and then click the travel button). But, it can be useful for certain things.

Cheers,

creo

Return to Lord of the Rings Online