FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jmcmike

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Re: Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

Thank you both for the advice. Removing SiteAdvisor allowed the games to launch. This is more than a minor convenience however since it such a great service. I hope the author will take time to figure out how to make ISBoxer cooperate with SiteAdvisor.
<<

portlimo

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:32 am

It took me about 5 days to get isboxer to load both accounts, usually had to uninstall then reinstall isboxer, did that about 6 times

one thing is to be very careful on hitting default in lotro options as that can put you back in windowed mode, changes that port line back to true....

but boy that first time both accounts loaded (without manually loading the second) felt like hitting the lottery:)
<<

jmcmike

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:31 pm

I figured I would try to post what I have learned so far in hopes of helping someone else down the road.

Once I got both profiles to load I had an issue where my cursor position was below and to the right of where the cursor actions were in the game. After searching the forums and Google I was no closer to a solution. What it turned out to be was that my resolution was not the same as the resolution that ISBoxer was framing the game as.

Tied to the above issue, I also found that when the game was configured for full-screen at a resolution lower than my Windows desktop resolution my desktop would end up being bumped down to this resolution once profile number one loaded and was reduced for profile 2 to load. Even after loading profile 2, I could not see them because they were off screen below the visible area because the desktop had been resized. I was able to right click the desktop and bump the resolution back up but it would happen again every time I loaded the profiles. The solution to this was to set the game to run in a window (no full screen) at the resolution configured in ISBoxer.
<<

wili6

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Hey everyone,

I bought a copy of ISBoxer tonight, watched a video to set the basic stuff up for Lotro, read this whole thread and googled for 2 hours.
I keep having the following problem:

Whenever my 2nd client launches (through IS or just manually) I get the "Can't bind to local socket" error and I need to close my 2nd client.
I did the change the ComputeUniquePort to False as described in the troubleshooting page for Lotro.

I used to be able to run 2 clients on 1 pc, and it worked fine untill Mirkwood.
I'm using w7 ultimate 32 bit, my IS version is 5088

I hope this is enough info, feel free to ask for more, cause I'm getting really pissed about it not working :).

Thanks in advance and happy boxing!

Edit:
Problem solved by launching the 2nd client manually.
<<

TeASy

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:39 pm

I have still the same 'Problems like Nonpareil has told in his initial posting. Finally I tried to get it work under Build 5088 of Inner Space, but in this Build I cant get WOW or Lotro to run.
Lotros TurbineLauncher.exe throws an exception under this Build (Only in Use with Inner Space)

I already tried everything I have read about the Lotro-Problems in this forum.

I tried it under Vista 64bit and 32bit with the same result!!!!!

Lotro-Error.jpg
Lotro Error unter Vista 64bit & 32bit under Inner Space (Build 5088)
Lotro-Error.jpg (27.99 KiB) Viewed 8740 times

Any chance to get it somehow to run?

Cheerz TeASy
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Unfortunately that error message isn't particularly helpful (clicking the button to debug the application may or may not provide more info).

Try shutting down other running programs. X-Fire and FRAPS have caused crashes for some people with the development build for example, but it could be pretty much anything.
<<

defythem

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:42 pm

re:failed to load resources from resource file. please check your set up error

I have xp 32 bit and cannot run development build. I have deleted and reinstalled .Net Framework 1.1 and .Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, and have deleted tdm downloader completely from my system, I have utilized the -usetdm method along with updating config to invoker file yet Im still getting the same error message.

In the regular is mode i can pull up multiple game windows that start but are un boxed.

Hoping to get some help.. any ideas.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:34 pm

defythem wrote:I have xp 32 bit and cannot run development build

Why cant you run the development build of Inner Space? If you're not running the dev build it's not going to work...
<<

defythem

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:42 pm

the dev build will not run due to the error message :Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your setup".
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:50 pm

I'll see what I can do, thanks for the info
PreviousNext

Return to Lord of the Rings Online