FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

I know for sure lotro is not aleady running. My isbuild is 5079, Turbine Download manager is not installed on my computer, and DirectX 10 is not checked under graphics properties is there something else that needs to happen for directx 9?

No.

Only other thing I can think of is that some people said that uninstalling and reinstalling .NET 1.1 worked. Other than that, try closing other running programs to see if one might be interfering
<<

MPaulley

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:14 am

10-4 I wll try that now thanks for the quick responses
<<

MPaulley

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Okay i can't seem to get this to work still is there any reason to think a reinstall of lotro will fix this? I hate to do it because it will take hours i'm sure but should this be an option?

*****Update I found a service pack 1 update for .Net 1.1 and this resolved the issue. thanks fo all your help
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for the update about the .NET 1.1 service pack solving the issue for you. I will make sure to include that in the information available :)
<<

jmcmike

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 am

OK, I've read through this whole thread and I'm not having any luck.

I just bought and downloaded Inner Space and set it up. I followed the LOTRO tutorial video. I was able to get Inner Space to launch my character set but it only launched the first client. (I had already copied my LOTRO folder and set the second character to use a new LOTRO profile in this folder.)

Since only the first client would load and since ISBoxer did not seem to have any control over it (it did not launch in a window, when I alt-entered from the game the client centered the window even though ISBoxer should have prevented it.) I verified dx9. Then I enabled development patches for Inner Space.

Now after patching Inner Space has developed a case of the stupids. It can't launch LOTRO at all. Not through the character set. Not directly through any of the game profiles. The login screen never comes up. I can watch TurbineInvoker.exe show up in Task Manager and go away immediately. I have tried disabling my AV software. Have tried adding the game again. It will not launch it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:33 am

If you haven't tried it yet, try getting .NET 1.1 Service Pack 1 available here.

If that doesnt help, what version of Windows are you using?
<<

jmcmike

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am running Windows 7 Premium 64 bit. I already have .NET 1.1 installed and I am up to date on MS updates. Still, I tried running the installer you linked but Windows warns me of compatibility issues with it.
<<

jmcmike

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 am

I want to make this work so badly that I ran it anyway. Once I allowed it to run it told me I already had that version.
<<

kasmar45

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:30 am

Works fine for me on Windows 7 and the Dev. build. If you are running Mcafee you will need to uninstall the site advisor.

The Mcafee Site Advisor causes LOTRO to crash when you are loading it using Innerspace.
<<

creo

ISBoxer Expert

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:27 pm

jmcmike:

You may prefer to use a setup where you have multiple LOTRO directories, but there is a way to launch LOTRO so that IS / ISBoxer can launch from a single directory. This may or may not be of interest to you, but for me the size of the LOTRO directory was a concern as I did not want to have that much disk space consumed for up to 4 or 5 copies. When you run the turbineinvoker you can add the command line argument "-usetdm". This causes the the invoker to bypass the check for updates. When there is a patch of course, the invoker will fail with an appropriate error and you can simple run LOTRO from a shortcut that does not have the -usetdm option so it can patch and then you will be back in business. You can also add the argument "-username xxxx" where xxx would be you user name and when the login screen comes up the username will already be populated. There is also an argument for the password, but I prefer to enter that myself as opposed to having it stored somewhere unencrypted. With the -usetdm and the -username options the launcher gets to login screen very quickly and having the username already there helps me to remember which account I am trying to load.

By the way, you are running turbininvoker from IS and not turbinelauncher.exe correct? In the past, either would work, but it seems that I recall issues with the turbinelauncher more recently. Turbineinvoker.exe is what the game shortcut runs and that is the one that the arguments described above are valid for.

Cheers,

creo
PreviousNext

Return to Lord of the Rings Online