FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nonpareil

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

Howdy:

It seems like the new expansion for Lord of the Rings Online doesn't like either Innerspace or ISBoxer (or both).

Another person at www.dual-boxing.com has the same issue (http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.p ... post247742). Perhaps others will post to that thread, too.

When I launch my character set (two computers, 6 accounts, 3 characters per character set per computer), it launches the first LotRO client/launcher, but not really in the Innerspace/ISBoxer "manner". That is, not as if it's about to be "boxed" in the lower left corner. A second account never starts up. When I manually try to launch the character set again (with the initial one at the character select screen, for example), the "Examine Game Data" step indicates some kind of patch problem or something.

Crossing my fingers this is resolvable.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Siege of Mirkwood doesn't like Innerspace/ISBoxer

You may need to try switching to the Development build of Inner Space, if you have not.

To do so, right click IS running in the system tray, and select Patcher. Then check "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart IS.
<<

Nonpareil

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Howdy:

Sadly, that did not do the trick, although it did have an effect. Now, the first LotRO launcher silently crashes and disappears at the Examine Game Data step, no more launchers launch. Previously, the first launcher was successful although not in the typical ISBoxer way (didn't look like it was going to shrink to lower left corner) and it was the second launcher that failed at the Examine Game Data step (with a message, and not a silent crash).

Still crossing fingers. ;)
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 am

Add me to the list as well on XP 64. However, my laptop which runs Vista32, just finished updating and I tried your instructions and all 3 windows launched, and as of now are all loaded into the game. I will have to go back and look at XP64 and compare. I did do the same for XP64.

Now, I just went to windows update and noticed that .net framework that not all were installed in my system but yet it worked. I am installing all of them up to 3.5

It has worked all this time so I saw no need to update them that far. But since my laptop is running 3.5 I thought I would try it next. I will post my results after updating and trying again.

Ok,after updating all to current same still happens.
<<

Evil Kerek

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 am

Yeah I'm getting the same - dev version crashes LOTRO to the desktop. Before that, I was getting the same error where it looked like innerspace wasn't tracking the window (i.e. it didn't use the layouts).

Bummer.

I'm on XP since it won't work under windows 7 - actually reinstalled my system to I could dual LOTRO on one machine.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Before the expansion, if you wanted to use ISBoxer with LOTRO on Windows 7, you would have had to install the IS development build. And from what I hear, the IS development build doesn't like LOTRO in Windows XP.

I'll be working on fixing the problem with the expansion today. Expect to have to use the development build when this is fixed.
<<

Evil Kerek

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:10 pm

I'd love to move back to Win 7 on my gaming box - everything I read at LavishSoft seem to indicate that LOTRO/Win7/InnerSpace didn't work..

Great to hear a fix is coming - love ISBoxer!
<<

Bernard

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 pm

and the issue described above are also exactely the same for AC. but here I will not comment anymore.

B
<<

chuvakuhn

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:23 am

Add me to the list of subscribers whose Innerspace/ISBoxer setup no longer works with the new Siege of Mirkwood expansion. This is the only game that I am playing, so it is very frustrating. Please find a solution to this as soon as possible.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:58 am

I guess I need more information about what is happening exactly. I tested today with Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64 and in both cases, the IS development build appeared to work correctly. I have not yet had time to test Windows XP. What Windows version are you all on?

p.s. Bernard this is probably not the same as with AC ;)
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online