FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is there going to be any more updates towards LOTRO?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

AmazingBender

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 am

Is there going to be any more updates towards LOTRO?

Since LOTRO possibly aint the game that is most active for multiboxers I seem to think that there aint any focus towards doing edits that is going to help me or possibly others that is more gamers than programmers. I've tried to understand the mechanics and I seem to have understood a fair bit, but with the release of Rohan and mounted combat I wish there could be created some sort of trigger to tell isboxer your mounted or not mounted for instance so that it then automatically knows that if I press 1 while mounted it does x and when I press 1 when dismounted it does y..

any plans Lax?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Re: Is there going to be any more updates towards LOTRO?

I don't think IS Boxer is ever going to read the game to know what state you're in.

In warcraft, I can have IS Boxer send a keybind for an ability...
I can even have it repeatedly send that keybind for 1.5 second (via Do Not Advance to Next Step for at least 1.5 seconds... and not checking, "and only execute once").
But IS Boxer cannot tell me if a given ability actually fired off or not.

If you can macro, "Get Onto the Mount/Vehicle".
With the equivalent of, /use [nomounted] Mount...
Then you can spam the ability to get onto the mount, without dismounting those who are on it, until everyone is mounted.

If you look at the API of the game, you might be able to call buttons differently.
I have no clue on the syntax, but something like:
- Click Mounted/Vehicle Button 1
- Send Keybind 1.
Which would in theory do nothing (for the wrong press), if you were in the wrong state... while executing the desired press for the current state no matter what.
It would likely be a LotRO player who found the syntax; there are a lot more wow players to dig for this in warcraft...

You might try making a Click Bar, which could be transparent.
Place the bar over the vehicle button.
When you click the Click Bar, it is the equivalent of a hot key activating a mapped key.
That way, when you're mounted you mouse click the abilities rather than use the keyboard.
IS Boxer gives you a lot of options to accomplish something; I don't play your game, so unfortunately cannot really do specifics.

Incidentally, Lax does support for every game.
I see people saying, they're playing <Insert Random Game, in the Game - Others Forum>, and would like whatever...
Lax gives phenomenal support, in getting IS Boxer to launch and work with a given game.

Not necessarily support on how to use that game's macro system.
But if you want a Click Bar that will Round-Robin two effects (Spell A or Spell B) with the same group of characters, he'd tell you how to do that.
It would be up to you, to determine which effects you want, the game syntax for whatever ability, etc.

Also, the community gives a lot of support.
Check out posts by Creo, he seems quite knowledgeable of LotRO.
It doesn't hurt to ask in the IRC, either.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

AmazingBender

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:13 pm

thx for good reply, I know Lax is doing a great job, there's a reason why I use ISBoxer after all :-). Just wanted to see if there was ways that I don't know out there. The mounted combat system is quite new (as far as I know) so don't know if the clickbar would work for also your slaves (yes I'm still a noob at programming the stuff). So I'll need all the help I can get.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Pretty much what Ualaa said. ISBoxer will not know the state of LOTRO or any other game, as doing so would be inappropriate.

However, you can set up a button that switches ISBoxer between your mounted and non-mounted hotkeys. In the end it's a matter of turning one Key Map off, and another on. You can set up the button that switches between two Key Maps like this by using the Mapped Key Wizard to create a "Key Map Toggler".

This isn't something that I have to provide updates for, really it's a matter of getting you and other LOTRO players to describe what they want, and then I (or others familiar with ISBoxer) can describe how (or if) you can get it. Or people sharing what they have made on their own works as well. The Pro config guide might also give you some ideas HOWTO: Configure ISBoxer like a pro
<<

AmazingBender

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:08 pm

thx for pointing me in the right direction :) will at least investigate to see if I understand and post if I do

Return to Lord of the Rings Online