FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Back to Multi-boxing after a break

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Wanderlust

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 am

Back to Multi-boxing after a break

Greetings folks,

I started multi-boxing LotRO last year and ran several teams ( 6man, 3man and a duo + uncounted TP farm teams) successfully through all the free content and on my 6man team I bought ND on all toons (from the TPs I farmed) and got that team to the gates of Fornost - I started to do the instance when it happened....

LOTRO BURNOUT!!!

Yep - people here and on the LotRO forums warned me that it could happen - especially going at TP farming like a mad man - I built 11 6man teams - 2 teams per server and did all the deeds for TPs in the starter areas + The Shire + Bree-land on each team - whew!

And while I did earn enough TPs to purchase ND and Angmar on my 6-man and 3-man accounts + the usual character and account purchase like virtue slots, gold cap removal, shared bank etc, I also bought myself a big case of the burnout.
It was a good time to pause actually because I needed to refine my config to account for the better skills and better strategy - like being able to take my mini in and out of warspeech and things like that, that really wasnt a big deal in under level 30 content - but the need for a more sophisticated, effective and flexible approach was becoming apparent with the Fornost content.

So anyways - I took a break from multi-boxing - LotRO and gaming - broke out my Telescopes and CCD cameras and just took pictures of the stars for about 4 months and un-digitized myself... I'm feeling much better now!

About a month or two ago I started to play DDO (again) and after a few weeks of that I started to long for Middle-earth and wide open spaces (again) - and then next thing you know I'm back in the saddle (again) - Then Gamestop put onsale its Mithrill Edition box set with TS+Eregion+Moria+Loth+2000TPs for $9.99 and i couldnt pass it up - so I bought 5!!!

And now I'm back to boxing!!

yay!

woop!

Ok- so my thing is - since i took my break the ISBoxer SW versions have changed - was on 38 - now its 40 or something - I reformatted my computer and lost a lot of my config sheets and notes - they seemed to have nerfed or changed the Minis - the whole barter system has changed - and i forgot everything i thought i used to know.

I was going to just start over and try to relearn my boxing lessons as I go and switch to my higher level team after i get up to speed - but im afraid of burning myself out before i get there - however - I wont be farming for quite a bit -at least not with a vengeance like i did before... so maybe im being to overly cautious.

So anything new I need to know?
Any Suggestions on how i should proceed?

I guess Im just rambling trying to avoid getting elbow deep in my config script till this weekend when I have some time to do that - I wonder if anyone would want to share a config script with me - so I can have a look-see and try to remember whats going on?

thanks for reading
Wanderlust
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: Back to Multi-boxing after a break

My suggestions to you as an experienced ISBoxer user are as follows:
1. Use the Quick Setup Wizard anew. Don't use your old config from ISBoxer 38. :) There's changes to the Key Maps generated by the wizard since ISBoxer 40 that make it easier to get better results.
2. Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings (includes a video that demos the process with LOTRO) shows you how to tell ISBoxer about your in-game Key Bindings in order to link up standardized follow and targeting Mapped Keys
3. HOWTO: Configure ISBoxer like a pro is the new thing for setting up your combat rotations (etc) and makes it super easy to play multiple classes, expand to include additional classes at any time, substitute Characters and change combat roles on the fly.
<<

Wanderlust

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: Back to Multi-boxing after a break

spent the weekend getting my head around the new variable keys and set up a new 3-man team in about 10 minutes - what a great addition to this already impressive and powerful software suite - great job Lax and team!!

I especially like how any team member can now be "the leader" through the variable key system and have already started to modify and configure new rotations and things that were not as easy to do in 38 - keep this up lax and almost anybody will be able to multi-box with out the pain and curve...

mixed feelings about that - but hey, i suppose that's why you are in it - so good luck and thank you for your suggestions and continued quality.

I'll check in from time to time and keep ya all updated

wanderlust

Return to Lord of the Rings Online