FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO client stopped working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: LOTRO client stopped working

The crash problem is solved and I am able to run two instances as I did before.

What is OPENAL and is it something I need. The way the problem was fixed was by uninstalling OPENAL per Lax's suggestion.

I only have one more problem, not as serious as the crashing problem but a bit of an annoyance.

When Innerspace starts up the instances, as soon as the first one comes up, the screen color washes out.. It stays washed out until both instances are up and then it goes back to normal. When I quit LOTRO and shut down both instances the desktop color is washed out. The only way I have been able to get the color back normal is by logging off and back on. Any thoughts on this ??

Lax, since it appears that Innerspace does not get along well with OPENAL can we look for a fix down the road ?? I am sure other users are going to be running into the same issue.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:22 pm

OpenAL is a system that can be used to provide hardware accelerated 3D sound. If everything seems to work then I'd say it's not necessary but you may or may not notice things sound a little different than before.

It sounds like the gamma level is being set by the game. You can fix it, but the game is probably going to look darker. Try this.. select Console from the IS menu, and type this in it:
Code:
gamma -reset

When you hit enter, the gamma level will be reset to default.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm

If its an audio error.
You could right click on the warcraft executable.
And add -nosound to the end of the executable path.

That's a temporary fix, but would verify if the sound is the cause of the error.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

kasmar45

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks Lax. The gamma -reset puts everything right after I exit the game..

I seem to be back in the saddle again. :) :) Pretty scary, because once you get used to dual boxing with Innerspace, the solo game isn't much fun without it. :)
<<

Toddster

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm

OMG

After reading all 9 pages of the mirkwood post and trying everything suggested there I have had a long frustrating day trying to get IS working with lotro. I had about given up and was thinking I not going to subscribe. Then I stumble onto this post and find out that the Sens_oal.dll file was the cause of all my problems, I use SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio card. After reading this I just deleted the Sens_oal.dll and lotro starts up fully boxed in IS.

Prolly add this info to mirkwood post or somewhere where is can be found easy.

Expect my subscription soon Lax :)
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online