FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Features

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SilentSpace

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 am

Features

I have some questions about some little things I'm missing (don't throw with stones if it's allready there ;-)):

1. Is it possible to send something to the chat windows of the different clients?
Example: If I press a hotkey the following shoul happen: send "return" to open chat window, write some text (Hello) or emotions (/dance) in the chat window, send "return" to execute.

2. Lotro allows the windows key as a metakey. Innerspace dosn't. It would be very good because Lotro dosn't differentiate between left and right metakeys. So you have a poor supply of metakeys.

3. May I ask you for a wish which you maybe can fulfill. It's very tricky to use follow in Lotro. Especially if you change the active window.
So I made a mapped key which sends F2 and than the key to follow to the non active windows. This works perfect if W1 is active and it works good if W3 is the active window. But with W2 as active window it won't
work at all.
It's a little bit tricky to understand. I'm using ineerspace with 3 Chars

W1 active: In W2 "F2" chose Char A, in W3 "F2" chose Char A => perfect, Char B and C are folowing char A
W2 active: In W1 "F2" Chose Char B, in W3 "F2" chose Char A => it works, but not perfect, char A follows Char B and Char C follows Char A
W3 active: In W1 "F2" Chose Char B, in W2 "F2" chose Char A => it dosn't work, Char A follows Char B, Char B follows Char A

It woul be great if there is a funktion where I can send different mapped keys to special gameslots depending on the active window with the same hotkey.
For example: If W1 is active an I press the hotkey G7 isboxer will send F2 to W2 and W3. If W2 is active with G7 pressed it will send F2 to W1 an F3 to W3 and at least if W3 is active it will send F3 to W1 and F3 to W2.
It would be a great feature! :mrgreen:

4. Is there allready a small guide for click bars?

5. When will the cursor positioning and the fake cursor bug be fixed?
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 am

Re: Features

You have the option of doing the macro in IS Boxer, or in sending a keybind to the game where the macro is already made in the game.

If you wanted different steps on the same key, the "Steps" feature is for you.
You can configure it to push Enter (all clients, specific clients, the active window, windows other then the active window, etc) on press 1 (step 1).
And to do something different on press 2 (step 2).
You can have as many steps as you'd like.

Not sure.
But I'm sure Lax will let you know.

You can probably accomplish this already, via Action Target Groups.
Take a look at the Dynamic Formations post, in the Keymap forum.

Basically, you have the option to run a specific mapped key, on a character switch.
So you make a slightly different mapped key (rather then a generic key which everyone uses) for each toon becoming the leader/active window.
When Toon A becomes the leader, the switch key will add Toon B and Toon C to the groups of your choice.
When Toon B becomes the leader, the switch key will add Toon A and Toon C to the groups of your choice.
When Toon C becomes the leader, the switch key will add Toon A and Toon B to the groups of your choice.
Then your G7 key, will send whatever hotkey you want to all members of whatever groups.
So you can have it send F2 to one group and F3 to another group.
And always have the correct toon receive the correct F key, according to the groups they are auto assigned when you switch active toons.

Not sure, but if there were, it would be in the guide or video section.

Cannot answer that one either, sorry.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

SilentSpace

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:01 am

Ualaa wrote:1.

You can probably accomplish this already, via Action Target Groups.
Take a look at the Dynamic Formations post, in the Keymap forum.

Basically, you have the option to run a specific mapped key, on a character switch.
So you make a slightly different mapped key (rather then a generic key which everyone uses) for each toon becoming the leader/active window.
When Toon A becomes the leader, the switch key will add Toon B and Toon C to the groups of your choice.
When Toon B becomes the leader, the switch key will add Toon A and Toon C to the groups of your choice.
When Toon C becomes the leader, the switch key will add Toon A and Toon B to the groups of your choice.
Then your G7 key, will send whatever hotkey you want to all members of whatever groups.
So you can have it send F2 to one group and F3 to another group.
And always have the correct toon receive the correct F key, according to the groups they are auto assigned when you switch active toons.

Thank you. Works fine. Sometimes it is difficult for me to transform things written in this forum. Because my english isn't so well. But I learn step by step. Maybe one day I write a german doku. ;-)
Windows 7 x64
<<

SilentSpace

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:30 am

Ualaa wrote:1.
You have the option of doing the macro in IS Boxer, or in sending a keybind to the game where the macro is already made in the game.

How can I make the macro in IS Boxer? The only thing like this I found for WOW.
Windows 7 x64
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 am

As you have discovered, you can't make macros for any game other than WoW through the ISBoxer interface. WoW provides features that make it easy for me to provide that capability.

For LOTRO, as far as I know, you need to set up quickslot shortcuts like so: http://lotro.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_Shortcut_to_QuickSlot_Bar
<<

SilentSpace

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 pm

lax wrote:As you have discovered, you can't make macros for any game other than WoW through the ISBoxer interface. WoW provides features that make it easy for me to provide that capability.

For LOTRO, as far as I know, you need to set up quickslot shortcuts like so: http://lotro.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_Shortcut_to_QuickSlot_Bar

Ok, I know how to do shortcuts. But they need a place in a bar. An these places are limeted. So I thought it would be easy for you to implement a feature which send a "return" to open the chat, than a some text like "Hello, how are you" and a second "return" to send it into the chat. It would be great. :-)
Windows 7 x64
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:47 pm

As great as it sounds when you think and write about it, the reality is that it wouldn't work reliably, or quickly. Really just have to try to adapt to the game's limitations :(
<<

creo

ISBoxer Expert

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Sending multiple keystrokes actually works very reliably in LOTRO if you can send them as a string, but it is technically against the EULA to send multiple characters by simply hitting a single key while using any third party application.

While the quickslots are a bit limited in number, there should be a few available for sending a message through the chat. You do not need to have "enter" you can use a "/" command to access chat. So, you can create a shortcut that could send a tell through chat easy enough and put it on one of your quickslots that is not in use, assign a hotkey and then setup a mapped key in ISBoxer to access it.

I understand your desire for meta keys to open up your available hotkey options. However, in practice I think you may find that there are plenty as it already stands. A good option is to get yourself a keyboard that has special keys such as the Logitech G13 / G15 etc... I have a G15 (version 1 with 18 G keys) and in my setup, I have found that actually only use 8 to 10 keys with any regularity and I am revising my keymaps to reduce that number further based on actual needs in game. Might be better to open a discussion about what you are wanting to do and why you may think your hotkey options are somehow limiting you.

Getting your characters to follow the current active window character is a matter of making sure that you always create the fellowship in the same order. It gets more complicated as your fellowship gets bigger in size, but you can always infer the following for a fellowship of 3:

a) F1 will always select yourself
    b) F2 will always select the fellowship leader except when from the fellowship leader
    c) F3 will select the remaining fellowship member (of a 3 member party)

So given a fellowship of the following characters - Moe, Larry, and Curly invited to the fellowship in that order, and assuming Moe is the fellowship leader, then the following would also be true:

a) If Moe is the active character then sending F2 to all except Moe along with your hotkey for "/follow" will get the team on following Moe
    b) If Larry is the active character window then Moe can select Larry by hitting F2 and Curly can select Larry by hitting F3, so you would need to send those keys to get everyone following Larry.
    c) If Curly is the active character window, then sending F3 to all but Curly would work for Moe and Larry.

There is a way to send a mapped key when you switch to a window, so you could create an appropriate focus key for each possible case listed above and then have that executed when you switch to a game instance. Then all you would have to do next is issue the "/follow" command and you are golden.

What are you wanting to do with cursor positioning / mouse repeating? there may be alternative methods to do what you want that are easier to implement...

Cheers,

creo
<<

portlimo

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:37 pm

You mention a limited amount of quickslots, and granted I only use the first permanent level quickslot bar in my set up but you can stack 5 more bars above it for 72 total slots and each _should_ be able to be put into a keymap?

since lax and ualaa do not play lotro (or so I thought I read)

they look like: (from gaming keyboards and lotro, below)

and also for lax, ualaa or ? I had gathered a list of "technical" postings from the lotro forums that might help...

Serious G15 Users, share some LUA tricks...
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=247834

g15 keyboard macros
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=294579

Gaming keyboards & Lotro
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=305754

Lotro UI and keyboard bindings
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=317831

The guide to advanced keyboard bindings
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=317825

programmable keyboards and gamepads- what macros do you use?
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=312102

How to Macro! (A.K.A. The /alias Command)
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=144140

The ;target alias and you! (A Guide to Target Macros)
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=86035

How to make shortcuts and aliases
http://thelostarmy.org/guides/user-inte ... nd-aliases

Tablets, Trackballs, and other input options with LOTRO.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=318289
<<

SilentSpace

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:22 am

Thank you for all the informations. I think I have to read a lot the next days.

@ creo

The cursor positioning bug is bad for questing. Through the disalignment you can't accept an finish quests very good at all windows. With the fake cursur you can see where your mouse is pointing. It would be a great help if it would be fixed the next time.
Windows 7 x64
Next

Return to Lord of the Rings Online