Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Features

I have seen posts from other LOTRO players regarding a cursor issue when mouse repeating is enabled. I do not use mouse repeating with any regularity in my setup, however I did give it a shot again last night to see what misalignment there might be between my 5 game instance (2 running on my main @ 1920x960 res, and 3 on my second @ 1280x816). Given the different resolutions between my 2 systems one would expect some possible misalignment issues. I made sure that I had the quest dialogues positioned on all screens in the upper left corner of the screen (essentially @ 0,0) and my UI scale is the same on all instances. With that setup, I am able to use my "select and use" hotkey to open the quest dialogue. From there, I enable mouse repeating and I can click the quest of interest and then click the accept button without any alignment issues. I also was able to successfully do the same thing at a horse stable, by selecting the destination and then selecting the "Go" button for all 5 characters at the same time.

I am running Windows XP 32 bit with an Nvidia video card (9800 GTX+ with relatively current drivers). Not sure if the OS would make a difference, but the posts I have seen where others are having issues have been on Vista or Win7 and not XP as I recall, so perhaps the issue is OS related. However, for me it works as well as I can expect given the differing screen resolutions between systems.

Now, that being said, I should point out that the game itself has issues with a number of characters attempting to access and NPC / quest giver at the same time. I had many problems with the game giving the "Already in use" error when I tried to access the dialogue for quests from all 5 of my characters at the same time. I would generally only get 3 and sometimes 4 dialogues to come up and 1 or 2 would get the error. This is not an IS issue, but a game limitation at the server level. This did not seem to be the case where a quest giver only had a single quest available and I could spam my "select and use" hotkey to open the dialogue. Once the dialogue was up, I could select the "Accept" button on all 5 characters without issue same as I could do at a horse stable when selecting a location and hitting "Go"...

Cheers,

creo