FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update 5: Combat Movement Assistance Bug

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TonyO

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Update 5: Combat Movement Assistance Bug

After Update 5 on Monday, with Combat Option: Enable Movement Assistance in Combat all ranged skills now cause characters to run to and stand on top of the bad guy. Very annoying for my light armor characters to do that. The bug is on LOTRO dev's list of known bugs, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Has anyone found an innovative way to work around it?
<<

Wanderlust

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Update 5: Combat Movement Assistance Bug

i was wondering what the heck was going on - i thought my config was corrupted or something - I used to have an action group for melee dps where they would behave this way which was very annoying indeed - even though thats what i wanted (or so I thought) them to do - but i backed off the melee dps and went with all ranged dps - so when my ranged guys started chasing the mobs i was like wtf?

Sorry that this is pissing you off - but it is good to know that its Lotro and not my config

w
<<

Ghostwire

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:38 am

This bug is really annoying! I also don't know a simple workaround.
I try to live with it and hope there will be a hotfix in the near future.

Follow is also partially broken as the followers often stop in front of the leader instead of behind him. They also run funnny circles around the leader thereafter more often than before the update.
<<

Wanderlust

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:25 am

Yeah - /follow is wonky, the circle thing is weird. I've just been making my team step back a step as soon as I see a mob gunning for me and turning them which ever direction to get them out of fire and contributing. kind of annoying but i can live with it - i think the tighter grouping may be a plus for the way I loot/interact with NPCs - jury's still out - As for the movement assist, It seems intermittent to me and it seem to also help if re- /target leader and turn combat_on off and on when it happens, but im not sure - I just push buttons - I also have movement assist off in Lotro options...

w
<<

tanker

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:03 am

There is an option in the combat tab to make your toon turn and face the mob they are fighting. I haven't tried it out though.
<<

AmazingBender

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

if you use the "ctrl + space" (default for all except leader jump) then at least if you are not using the "toggle move to assist" it would make your group stop and your leader which I normally use as the tanker can turn the big mobs away from the squishies and that way have some control. The turn towards mob I've only managed to use successfully when you toggle the key-clone on.

got 8 lf-accounts and I'm normally spotted with my conga-line on snowbourn
<<

TonyO

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Patch 5.1 fixed this bug. Ranged attacks are back to normal as before Update 5.0. Auto-follow is no longer wonky.
Turbine seems to have put priority to fixing this bug which mostly affected multi-boxers. One month was lightning quick to push this fix through a development cycle, in my opinion. If only they would officially state they support 'boxers.
Nevertheless, I think LotRO devs deserve cudos for fixing this promptly.
<<

Wanderlust

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Indeed - well said tony and well done turbine
w
<<

AmazingBender

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:44 am

well they deffo don't ban you for boxing :-), had a GM helping me with a stuck-quest and I did not say I was boxing, only told him my group has the same issues but since all my alts had similar names he replied, so how many alts do you have left to fix the quest for :-D. But indeed. Good stuff they fixed the follow bug !

Return to Lord of the Rings Online