I call myself an experienced multiboxer. I do multiboxing 'cos I love the improved challenge in instances.
I do 6boxing, currently with the two following layouts:
lv 75 guardian, minstrel, rune-keeper, captain, burglar and hunter
lv 72 warden, champion, hunter, lore-master, minstrel and rune-keeper
so I got all classes covered and I can combine them in some ways, if I want. There are 2 chars on every account.
I use a G9 mouse and G15 keyboard, two computers and 3 gameinstances on every pc:
With my ISBoxer layout I can do various stuff:
- combos (red, green, yellow, blue and rows of 6)
- follow/assist easily the 3 chars on the main screen (switch of instance with mouse 5, shift + mouse5 or ctrl + mouse 5)
- disperse my slaves to avoid heavy aoe-damage or stuns/roots
- buffs and rebuffs are easily done and food/pots can be used in simple ways
- each class or character has it's own keymap and reacts in useful ways (this took quite some time and is always under work) -> e.g. guardian taunts, all other classes try to lose aggro
- the steps in keymaps are often timed to avoid hitting a button under cooldown
- I can switch minstrel and rune-keeper from damage mode to heal mode (very useful in instances)
- I can select certain chars with minstrel or rune-keeper to heal them
I did various lvl65 instances/skirmishes solo before isengart, almost all moria instances except dark delvings.
If you're interested, have a look at my attached layout. feel free to use or adapt it.
And thanks for any suggestions.
I'll try to check this post from time to time and answer questions.
ps: thx lax for your work and cheers to all german ppl on server morthond