FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with Assist-Function

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ghostwire

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Problem with Assist-Function

My first post. Greetings from germany. First of all: Great software! So much fun. Thanks for it!

The functionalities work nearly 100% as intended. Even with my Eyfinity-System and 5 monitors. I especially love the Window Layout Wizard.
But I have a little problem. I wanted to implement a function for „loot same obect“. So I set up a keymap which did two steps on all others windows
- Shift-F2 (assist group leader)
- U (use)

When I press these keys in the appropriate window then the character does what I want. When I use the keymap, I have to press twice to have the character do what I want. The first time I press the button, the other window states “General Error”, but change to the assist mode.

Same Problem is with doing Fellowship-Maneuvers:
- Shift-F2 (assist Group leader)
- Arrow up/down/left/right (per Maneuver-Color)

For example the follow keymap works fully as intend with only pressing the key once
- F2 (chose group leader)
- Alt-Akut (Quick-Bar-Item which contains /follow)

Any ideas why the Shift-F2 keymaps require multiple pressing of the button?
<<

tanker

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: Problem with Assist-Function

Lotro is pretty sensitive to timing. It takes a while for the client to tell the server 'I want to assist the leader' and for the server to send back 'okay, here's your new target'.

Without more information on your setup it is tough to debug. Others have been able to do the following (example is for healing but illustrates my point):

step 1: 'F1' - target self
step 2: 'F2' - target leader
'1' - cast heal on current target

When I try that, it is 50/50 for the heal to go on the tank or the healer, depending on how long it takes to recognize the second target command.

For looting I use:

step 1: 'Shift-F2' - assist leader
step 2: 'U' - use target

with 'execute a step' set to 'press and release', and that usually works okay for me. Sometimes I have to hit it more than once depending on how long I held the key before releasing it.
<<

Ghostwire

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:51 am

Thx tanker for your response :)

I also realised that timing is the problem. I also experimented with two steps now und "pressed or released" setting.
Result is that it does not work when I press the hotkey and release it immediately. I have to press it and hold it for aprox. 0,25 - 0,5 seconds. Then it works.

A general question:
Is there no function in isboxer like "Delay between Actions" because it would be too dangerous concerning Automation (EULA violation)?
Or is there another reason?
<<

tanker

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:48 am

Ghostwire wrote:A general question:
Is there no function in isboxer like "Delay between Actions" because it would be too dangerous concerning Automation (EULA violation)?
Or is there another reason?

If you could write:
Send '1'
Delay xxx
Send '2'
Delay xxx
Send '3'

You have automated a cast sequence which is forbidden.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online