FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What are you getting isboxer, to do for lotro?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

creo

ISBoxer Expert

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: What are you getting isboxer, to do for lotro?

I have not found much reason to use mouse repeating with the current way LOTRO game mechanics work. Most things that I want to do are being accomplished with hotkeys, although I do look forward to ISBoxer 35 with mouse clickable actions.

That being said, when I have turned mouse repeating on, I have not noticed any significant offset between my windows (when they are the same resolution that is to say).

I have noticed that from time to time the main window has an issue with the mouse being off by about the size of the top border such that I had to compensate to click "Exit" and then run the char set again to re-start the game. The problem does not persist when the game is restarted, so I chalk it up to an anomaly that I am not able to reproduce reliably and is a rare occurrence.

Cheers,

creo
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:25 pm

I do use the more lately. I use mouse 3 to enable mouse repeating then rotate them all in the same direction when a enemy changes location so that I can bring all to bear on the enemy. Its faster then spread formations and then i can just as easy turn them back then hit my follow key to get them back on follow. Only time i don't do this is when the enemy is known to do AoE damage, then I switch to spread formation which I assign to F7 spread formation and F8 to close formation when finished.
The mouse I use allows me some extra buttons very much like the Gkeys of the G15. Its the WoW mouse by Steel Series. So my dependancy on the mouse is more then most due to those extra buttons.
<<

creo

ISBoxer Expert

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 am

Aye, turning would be a good use for mouse repeat. I use key repeat and use the arrow keys to spin when I have facing issues, but arrow key movement in LOTRO is not very precise and is not consistent from character to character. However, for facing a mob in a fight, it has been good enough for my needs so far.

Another trick to have your team face a ranged mob is to have them all select it and /follow briefly which will face them towards it.

My current team of RKs can fight and heal on the move though, so when I have facing issues from a melee mob I tend to just hit the down arrow (move back) and hold which will generally have my team start to fan out in a bit of a circle around the mob while I am still spamming the 2 base attacks that can be used while moving. This has proven to be very effective so far. Last night, my 5 RKs and one guard (in game friend) were in CD / URU and we had a couple of epic pulls (at least as far as my LOTRO gaming experience to date). Our team was level 51 / 52 and the mobs there are between 48 and 52 many being elite. In one fight, we were able to take out a mixed wave of 20 Angmarim (non-elite) and 6 trolls in one of the courtyards, and we had one pull of 12 trolls which included a master elite and his adds. Both in areas where I have wiped many times when in a group of 6 players. But, the focused attack of 5 RKs all on the same target coupled with a tank that can control agro is really effective.

Cheers,

creo
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online