FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

why are some keys ignored

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:53 am

why are some keys ignored

Does anybody know why some ISBoxer mapped keys are ignored? For instance, I cannot use the zero key for a mapped key . I normally use ctrl+shift with some other key. It works fine with most keys, but not the zero key.

Does anybody else also have this problem?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 am

Re: why are some keys ignored

Umm... They aren't ignored. When using the Quick Setup Wizard for WoW, the zero key is mapped to one of the DPS keys. Unless, of course, you mean the 0/ins key on the number pad? In which case the state of num lock may matter, and Shift may change the meaning (of any numpad key)
<<

portlimo

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:17 am

I've been trying to do mapped keys, as I only two box and do not play the same class on both chars I do not use repeater or white/black lists....

I cannot get mapped 1 or mapped 2 to work, but 3 and above work fine (I try to have active window tell other window to use skill on quickslot position 1 no go skill 2 no go, 3 or above ok if that is clearer)

and also for me disabling the console ` (tilde key) let me set up an attack next nearest target mapped key tab plus ` (once you switch lotros keymapping backspace for tab) that at least gets second account doing some damage (and in my set up the big account has pet, and follows little guy so this gets the pet active otherwise it is on passive, this lets my little guy to be leveled see quest objectives, pick up ground items, loot for quest items, build class and race traits) before I use specific skills through the mapped keys
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 am

I don't play LotRO, so it won't be exactly the same as warcraft.
However, IS Boxer should be very similar for each.

When Repeater is on, anything you type is broadcast to all clients.
The only exceptions are hotkeys for mapped keys, if Key Maps are also on.

When Repeater is off, nothing is broadcast to other clients.
But the hotkeys for mapped keys, behave as configured if Keymaps are on.

Most of your play will be with Repeater off, but Keymaps on.
If a key is the hotkey for a mapped key, it will do what the mapped key is defined to do.
If a key is not the hotkey for a mapped key, then it only affects the current window.
In other words, it behaves as if it were blacklisted.

The keys which are hotkeys for your mapped keys, might also be hotkeys in game.
In general, you don't want a key to be a hotkey in the game and a hotkey for a mapped key.
They might conflict.

Since your quick action 1 and 2 keys don't work, but 3 and above do.
I'll assume you either have something changed within your IS Boxer configuration.
Or that you have something configured differently within the game for those keys.
Do the 1 and 2 quick action keys work for each account, when you run them on their own?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

portlimo

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 am

in lotro we have quickslots with 12 slots, one permanent quickslot, and 5 more available to place around the screen

the 1 thru = correspond to the 1 - 12 slots and on each individual character they work as intended but do not broadcast to the other account no matter which I have as the active window I can live with doing ctrl 4 to activate slot 1 instead of ctrl 1

I dont think lotro likes isboxer but it is certainly nothing wrong with isboxer, lotro just doesnt have many things for Lax to build on

Since mines of moria crafting has become level dependent and I have mastered all 10 crafts but need to level 4 characters to the minimum level to get quests in a zone to earn reputation which will allow me access to 6-12 recipes that my crafters don't have (too much info, I know:) but that is what I am trying to do with isboxer level my non main guys in the least amount of time

I'll check repeater again also...
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:35 pm

If you switch from one window to another, and then press your hotkey to disable Key Maps.
Assuming Repeater is also off...

Nothing should be broadcast, and everything should work as if you were one-boxing without IS.
Having started each instance of LotRO with IS, do the slot 1 and slot 2 keys work when Repeater and Keymaps are off?
I know they won't broadcast without Key Maps/Repeater, but am curious if they work in the active window.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Lord of the Rings Online