FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BSOD Physical memory dump

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ronin79

Post Mon May 02, 2011 4:51 am

BSOD Physical memory dump

I've been boxing with 4 toons for the past week with a amd 955BE, asus 6850, 4gigs on high settings in LOTR with no problem.

Then one day I decided I'd try to put it on very high settings see if my computer can handle it. Well it did for like 10mins then I got a BSOD. I reverted back to my previous settings after that but now my comp always BSOD with the msg dumping physical memory to disk this always happens after a days worth of play.

I have have reinstalled windows 7 hoping this problem would go away but it hasn't. Have I damaged my ram or video card? How can I fix this problem?

Thx in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 02, 2011 8:18 am

Re: BSOD Physical memory dump

O.o

If adjusting the setting and playing that way generated enough heat, it is entirely possible for it to have done permanent damage to the video card, yes. Typically I see this happen after 1-2 years with any given video card, simply due to not noticing that the fan on the card has suddenly stopped working, etc.

If it were me, I would start with drivers and if that doesn't help, I would try another card (same model or otherwise)
<<

Ronin79

Post Mon May 02, 2011 10:19 am

My video card is like 2 months old, do you think I should RMA the card?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 am

I have no idea, I haven't done on-site hardware diagnosis for you ;) If you can isolate it to being the card, then I assume that would be a valid option.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online