FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

target of target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Whitedolphyn

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:55 am

target of target

Hi, thanks for this fantastic software. I use it with no problems and very effectively in EQ2 and WOW. I started playing LOTRO last weekend and immediately had to dual box :)

I used the wizard. I play on 1 PC with 2 accounts. Healer (mini) following a DPS (Captain).

Problem is my healer only "see"/target my DPS; so he would heal the DPS via repeat keys. However he does NOT see the bad guys (he don't see the DPS's targets). In other words he does not target the target of the DPS(so he does no DPS).
I looked in LOTRO settings but cant find the option to target the target's target. Please help with this.

And also please: is there a easy way in LOTRO to get /follow to work easily? I know in WOW if you fast swap then the guy in background follow you automatically. What do I need to do to optimise following ?

Thank you in advance! I am a bit of a techno noob so try to keep answers on my level :) :D

Thanks!
<<

tanker

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: target of target

LoTRO is advanced multiboxing. There are very few in-game hooks, and the hooks that are there are almost impossible to use. Be prepared for a lot of pain & suffering compared to WoW.

This assumes default bindings...

To follow create an alias and bind it to a shortcut key (Shift+= in the example)

/alias ;foll /follow
/alias shortcut ;foll 48

Now, create a key bind in ISBoxer (I use Ctrl+Shift+F) with activation on press and release.

Step 1: Send 'F2' to all w/o current
Step 2: Send 'Shift+=' to all w/o current

This sends the 'target party 1' key to everyone except the active window, which is the fellowship leader, or the first person invited if the leader is the active window. This works well for a two person fellowship. You can follow from any window. For more than two it doesn't work well at all.

As a side note, you can also use the /follow command (or shortcut) on most objects and NPCs. Tell your slaves to target a mailbox (Shift+F2 will target the leaders target) and follow will make the run up to the mailbox. Then 'U' will tell them all to open the mailbox.

I suggest you go through the LoTRO board and read all the articles in there.

Tanker

Return to Lord of the Rings Online