FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

alt window toon not facing target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kasmar45

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:49 pm

alt window toon not facing target

Does anybody have any tips on how they keep the toon in the secondary window facing the target? When I multi with my Captain we start out okay, but eventually his Oathbreaker will steal aggro and the mob will turn towards him leaving my Captain not facing the target. I tried auto move to target but that doesn't work. I was hoping somebody had a key map that would move the toon in the secondary window to face the target.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: alt window toon not facing target

I don't play LOTRO so I don't know how much of this can be applied to LOTRO in particular, but here's a couple general tips that might give you an idea anyway:

1. Auto-follow can be used to put one character (who you lead with) in front of the mob, and everyone else behind or to the side, just by running a little past the mob
2. The character with aggro can move the mob in front of the other characters
3. Backing up is a really good way to adjust while keeping the mob in front of the character you are playing
4. Sometimes mobs want to move when and/or where you don't want them to. Be prepared to dance with them, it's not always easy!
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Re: alt window toon not facing target

I think I might be able to be some help here. This is where mouse repeating comes in very handy. I enable it and turn my main character towards the target but before I do I line up with the direction the alt is facing. This allows me when I do turn, to turn both in the same direction. To make this go faster I use my mouse 3 button as my button to enable mouse repeating. and then when I am done fighting, I have another button setup on my keyboard for follow which the mouse is also bound, to start following again. The mouse I use to do with with is the Steel Series World of Warcraft mouse. I have got it down so well that even when targets get behind me I can turn all mine around to face them with no trouble at all.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online