Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Dual client setup

This is a great program!
I fired up LOTRO after playing for the first month on release to see how it had progressed (can't see much different yet). Figured I would dual client as accounts are free :)
LOTRO seems much harder to dual box than EQ2 though so I ended up getting a trial of ISBOXER last Friday.

It took me all weekend to get the software configured to my liking but it is amazing now! Looking through these forums really helped so thanks all :)

My first problem was I didn't realise each step required a keypress, this was quite confusing as it required 2 presses for the healer to target and then heal the tank. Then I found out that you can do a step on a key press and on release. Also can have more than one item in each step. It still isn't fool proof but that may be as I am playing in Australia and keys are getting lost to lag.

After getting that sorted the main problem was key configuration. First I had the Champion (tank) and Rune Keeper (DPS/Healer) firing off their attacks jointly from the G keys on a Logitech G19 but I have now reconfigured to give them separate damage buttons and heal buttons - should be a bit more flexible. I also use an Ideazon Fang keypad which gives me a lot more buttons.

I have really enjoyed the process of getting the two characters configured for ISBOXER, it has been a fun puzzle. Not sure if I would want to do a 6 char party though!.

Well that is my story, I'll definitely be subbing to ISBOXER.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.