FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Howto jump and follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tanker

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Howto jump and follow

One of the problems boxing LoTRO is you can't tell your followers to jump without breaking follow. The following bit of fun is how I work around that problem:

EDIT: See Ericpijl's post below for a better solution :!:

Key: CTL+Space
Hold key when pressed turned OFF (<--- this isn't the way the wizard sets it up)
Action on both press and release turned ON
Step 1:
Send Space to all wo/current
Send 'W' to all wo/current
Step 2:
Send follow to all wo/current (ALT+= for me presses the follow macro)

The first step tells everyone to jump forward (usually over a fence)
The second step tells them to start following again.

Lax, since LoTRO doesn't have flying or swimming, the default for 'Others Jump' should probably be: hold key when pressed 'default (off)'
Last edited by tanker on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

ericpijl

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Howto jump and follow

Tried getting this to work but the 'w' key is ignored or something. You have to release ctrl+space real quick or the characters only jump up the air, if you press+release it quick the follow command will start when they are in the air and that is what's making them move forward. I tried getting this to work by enabling repeater when pressing ctrl+space and then disabling it in step 2 but if you are already pressing W it ignores the key, setting the 'hold key action' disables the 'press or release' option :(
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:48 pm

setting the 'hold key action' disables the 'press or release' option :(

You can't have it both ways in the same Mapped Key; using Hold requires Step 1 to be used by both the press and release, and using "press or release" requires Step 1 to be used by only the press so that Step 2 can be used by the release.

The W will probably be ignored more often than not, when Hold is disabled.

Your best bet is probably to make two Mapped Keys bound to the same Hotkey, since you want Hold to apply for the movement keys but then you want something to happen on release. One of them should have Hold enabled and do the jump and move forward, and the other should send Follow, activated on Release
<<

ericpijl

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 pm

lax wrote:
setting the 'hold key action' disables the 'press or release' option :(

Your best bet is probably to make two Mapped Keys bound to the same Hotkey, since you want Hold to apply for the movement keys but then you want something to happen on release. One of them should have Hold enabled and do the jump and move forward, and the other should send Follow, activated on Release

Nice, i spend a few hours trying to get this working properly and tried double keymaps using key repeater but it didn't seem to work, just tried again with what you said and it works perfectly. I now also understand what the hold option actually does :P

I have it set up like this:
JumpFollow CTRL+SPACE
Hold keystroke actions: On
Step 1:
SPACE -> all other
W -> all other

JumpFollowRelease CTRL+SPACE
Hold keystroke actions: Off
Execute step when: released
Step 1:
Follow -> all other

Now i just hold CTRL+SPACE and they do a long jump, when released they follow again.
<<

tanker

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Nice! This works a lot better than mine.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online