FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up Healers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Druanor

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Setting up Healers

XP,

What's great about it is that you can make changes to ISBoxer and update Innerspace while you playing Lotro. This is handy because it allows you to test what you setup and if it isn't working right you can go back and make the changes and then update and test again.

OMG are you kidding? I have been exiting the game and re logging in to make changes. What a PITA! How do you do this? Keep ISBoxer open and then alt Tab to it, make the change, save it and then export to IS? Can it be that easy? Sheesh now I really feel dumb. :oops:

edit: Obtw, after reading your most recent post (and Tanker's also) I am just using Character:charname for all these G key functions, that worked nicely. I. too login in a certain order (although I only have 2 char lol) Still I understand what your saying...Thanks for taking the time to help me understand.
<<

Xtremepayne

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Druanor wrote:XP,

What's great about it is that you can make changes to ISBoxer and update Innerspace while you playing Lotro. This is handy because it allows you to test what you setup and if it isn't working right you can go back and make the changes and then update and test again.

OMG are you kidding? I have been exiting the game and re logging in to make changes. What a PITA! How do you do this? Keep ISBoxer open and then alt Tab to it, make the change, save it and then export to IS? Can it be that easy? Sheesh now I really feel dumb. :oops:

edit: Obtw, after reading your most recent post (and Tanker's also) I am just using Character:charname for all these G key functions, that worked nicely. I. too login in a certain order (although I only have 2 char lol) Still I understand what your saying...Thanks for taking the time to help me understand.

Nope, I am not kidding. And yes you can keep ISboxer open. Just remember to save each change and you might even go as far as having a default file. In case you want to go back to a last change that worked. Once you have proven that a new change works for you, add it to the default file. Yes it can be that easy :)

XP.
<<

Druanor

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:36 am

XP your a man among men, you just made my life easier by a factor of 10. It was so frustrating to login both accounts and then find that I made an error in my ISB setup, exit both accounts and make my changes and then re login. It became exasperating to do that. Thanks for the tip, I know it is probably pretty minor in the scope of using this software but it's huge to me.

As a matter of fact, Lax? If your reading this you might want to include this tip in the tutorial or the tips section if it's not already there. And if it is I totally missed it when I read all that stuff. It's a huge time saver, so it is definitely worthwhile knowledge.
<<

Druanor

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Tanker your spam key works great, well I'm sure yours does anyways lol. The only trouble I have with it is that I don't know how to reset it after every fight. I constantly have to spam that button to get it back around to the beginning of the sequence. Is there some kind of way to reset it or re start it? I know you have mentioned that before and you and ShadowSDS had a discussion about it. Did you ever figure it out?

Also just a preference question for you. How do you have your G keys setup for spamming? Whats comfortable to your hand. I currently have mine so I can hit my "pull" (G8) with my pinky finger, then I have G9 setup as my "minipsam" key? I haven't quite incorporated your Guard spam stuff yet (one thing at a time) :lol:. So I am using Pinky finger and then my index finger for # keys for Guard DPS. It's ok but sometimes I get confused and mess it up. I am thinking it would be easier to have the Guard spam key right below the Mini spam key. Hmmm, food for thought.

Again thanks for all your help on this thread.
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Druanor wrote:Tanker your spam key works great, well I'm sure yours does anyways lol. The only trouble I have with it is that I don't know how to reset it after every fight. I constantly have to spam that button to get it back around to the beginning of the sequence. Is there some kind of way to reset it or re start it? I know you have mentioned that before and you and ShadowSDS had a discussion about it. Did you ever figure it out?.

For a given KeyMap, if you click on "Advanced", there is an option to reset back to Step 1 after ____ condition. I usually use ___ s "from the last hotkey press" when i want something to reset after combat. This answer your question?
<<

tanker

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 am

ShadowKntSDS wrote:For a given KeyMap, if you click on "Advanced", there is an option to reset back to Step 1 after ____ condition. I usually use ___ s "from the last hotkey press" when i want something to reset after combat. This answer your question?

As Shadow said, I usually set the reset time to be the cooldown of the first spell cast, that way I am sure the first spell is ready to go if I stop spamming.

Make sure you choose 'from the LAST hotkey press'. By default it is the 'first hotkey press'.

Of course, having said all this, I'm ripping out my healing and trying to get a video feed of the healers unit frames to work with a click bar for real click healing. I'm about 80% there, but the Rift open beta starts tomorrow and I may have to stay home sick (cough cough cough)

If you want to leapfrog us Dru, get after it :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings Online