FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can follow or mimic keys, but not BOTH

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gravelhighway

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Can follow or mimic keys, but not BOTH

I followed the YouTube video (Lord of the Rings Online walkthrough for ISBoxer 41) to setup dual boxing for LotRO.

I used privatepaste.com to copy and paste my profile: http://www.privatepaste.com/0b47882aaf

The setup process was successful. The game loads both accounts and one character on each account.

The problem is: I can either get my bot to follow my main character OR interact with an NPC. They will not do both.

If keymapping is turned on, Follow will work. However, Follow is the only thing that does work. The bot will not interact with any NPCs or use any skills.

If broadcasting is on, then the bot mimics the keys exactly. The bot no longer follows or assists. For example, the bot runs in whatever direction it is facing when I'm hitting the W (forward) key.

If keymapping AND broadcasting is on, the bot will Follow using the command, but then runs off when using the arrow keys or auto-run.

Could someone please assist? So far I have yet to get this to work for me properly.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Can follow or mimic keys, but not BOTH

gravelhighway wrote:I followed the YouTube video (Lord of the Rings Online walkthrough for ISBoxer 41) to setup dual boxing for LotRO.

I used privatepaste.com to copy and paste my profile: http://www.privatepaste.com/0b47882aaf

The setup process was successful. The game loads both accounts and one character on each account.

The problem is: I can either get my bot to follow my main character OR interact with an NPC. They will not do both.

If keymapping is turned on, Follow will work. However, Follow is the only thing that does work. The bot will not interact with any NPCs or use any skills.

If broadcasting is on, then the bot mimics the keys exactly. The bot no longer follows or assists. For example, the bot runs in whatever direction it is facing when I'm hitting the W (forward) key.

If keymapping AND broadcasting is on, the bot will Follow using the command, but then runs off when using the arrow keys or auto-run.

Could someone please assist? So far I have yet to get this to work for me properly.

First of all, if you continue to refer to your other characters as "bots" then you're likely to get banned. If a GM of any game whispers you, asks what you're doing, and you tell them that you're running bots, then how do you think they're going to react? If you talk to people in the game world and you tell them that you're running bots, do you think you're going to get reported for botting?

Multiboxing is not botting.

Anyway, what you've got set up in your profile is... When you press ALT+U it is going to send U to every game client. So, is your Interact/Use command set to U on every character? If so, are you assisting before trying to interact with an NPC?
<<

gravelhighway

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks, but wasn't really looking for a lecture. Would appreciate some help though.

PS: LotRO does not "whisper."
<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 pm

http://isboxer.com/wiki/LOTRO:Quick_Sta ... s_Repeater

You want to use the Mapped Key Wizard to set up a "whitelist" of things to broadcast while broadcasting is off.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online