FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Mouse repeater inconsistent

Moderator: MiRai

<<

melchoir55

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:23 pm

[EVE] Mouse repeater inconsistent

I am setting up IS for eve online. I have three clients running. Under Repeater profiles -> default -> hotkeys I have checked toggle keyboard + mouse repeating for current window.

When I toggle 'on' this repeating, IS very inconsistently sends button presses and mouse movements/clicks to slaves. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It never properly follows mouse movements. If I make tiny circles it doesn't move the mouse at all on slaves and if I make large movements it will move a bit then stop suddenly on the slaves in a position where I never rested the mouse. The same is true of button presses. If I hit shortcut keys to open menus sometimes it will open them on all the clients, sometimes it won't.

I am running build 37 of is boxer (just downloaded). Windows xp. 2gb of ram with 500mb open as reported by lavish.

Unlike wow, multiboxing can't happen without mouse tracking. EVE requires mouse use in order to function.

Anyone know what is going on here?
<<

melchoir55

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: [EVE] Mouse repeater inconsistent

Figured out the problem. I was running in windowed mode but apparently is boxer expects you to be in full screen mode.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 pm

It's a bug with ISBoxer in EVE since Incursion, the workaround (put it in fullscreen) is posted here in the EVE section
<<

robingbrown

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:51 am

Having set my clients into fullscreen mode as suggested I'm still not able to get key repeating working - any suggestions as to which settings to experiment with?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:42 am

robingbrown wrote:Having set my clients into fullscreen mode as suggested I'm still not able to get key repeating working - any suggestions as to which settings to experiment with?

The full screen mode fix is for mouse broadcasting, which otherwise appeared extremely laggy. Another potential fix for the laggy mouse broadcasting issue is the "Make game believe it is foreground" option in your Character Set, but I haven't heard yet if that works and haven't had time to test it with EVE recently.

As far as key broadcast working, I've never heard that EVE needs any special settings for that to work, it should just work. To that end, if you are having trouble getting key broadcasting working in EVE, I'd guess it might be related to your config; see the "Sharing your configuration" sticky at the top of the forums for how to show it to me safely.
<<

MuffDiver

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:29 am

My subscription has lapsed and for this very reason.

It just makes my setup a pain in the ass to run / setup as I have 12 Accounts (which before worked perfectly)

When you get this fixed let me know.

Cheers. !

Muff
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 am

For what reason? I have no idea what trouble you're having. This one setting makes it a pain in the ass? Can you explain?

All you have to do to solve the issue is set EVE, in the game's video options, to Fullscreen mode. ISBoxer is going to force it into a window regardless of whether the game is set to windowed mode or not. Most people who complain when they're told to set the game to full screen mode don't bother trying it because, obviously, they want the game to stay in a window. It's still going to be in a window.
<<

MuffDiver

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 am

lax wrote:For what reason? I have no idea what trouble you're having. This one setting makes it a pain in the ass? Can you explain?

All you have to do to solve the issue is set EVE, in the game's video options, to Fullscreen mode. ISBoxer is going to force it into a window regardless of whether the game is set to windowed mode or not. Most people who complain when they're told to set the game to full screen mode don't bother trying it because, obviously, they want the game to stay in a window. It's still going to be in a window.

The pain in the ass bit is having to load the game into fullscreen. Then close the game. Then run the software which opens in windowed mode (as planned) Then launch new clients that I want to control with no interaction from the software...

So yes for me Its just a pain in the ass to have to open and close shit all the time. If the server goes down I have to start the process all over again. if my ISP drops I have to do everything again...

Annoying to the point i dont use it anymore. Like I said when you fix it I will subscribe again but its been months and no development or atleast none from what I can see.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:57 am

When you're having issues like that, you should really talk to me as soon as you're having the issue. You don't have to open and close it all the time.

Virtual Files can keep separate configuration files per "character" automatically, different from the one you launch normally. When you use the Quick Setup Wizard (which it sounds like you are avoiding, and that's fine), this is one of the things it does for you automatically depending on the game. For EVE, it keeps a separate prefs.ini (which stores video and other settings) and core_public__.dat (which stores the last login name). The only thing you need is a custom prefs.ini that is set to full screen, for ISBoxer, and the normal prefs.ini that is set to windowed, for whatever else.

If you don't want to use the Quick Setup Wizard, that's perfectly fine. There's also a Virtual Files Wizard that will set up the same virtualization for your existing ISBoxer characters. Right click Virtual Files in the top pane and select Virtual File Wizard, then there's a drop-down box to select the game (EVE) and then you pick the characters to apply it to. Voila, instant separation of config files and zero reason to launch the game, change the setting, close the game, launch ISBoxer, then launch other game instances. I would not recommend doing what you're doing to anyone at all.

Annoying to the point i dont use it anymore. Like I said when you fix it I will subscribe again but its been months and no development or atleast none from what I can see.

That would, indeed, be annoying. If you'd like to try it the recommended way I've added some subscription time to your account -- feel free!

As far as development, I've done tons of Inner Space updates since you purchased a subscription in October, not to mention ISBoxer 38 was in public beta and heavy development from December until it was released in February. ISBoxer 38 was a massive update. I'm not sure what else, besides fixing this bug in specific, you want me to do development-wise! Also, I provide support nearly every waking hour via the ISBoxer Chat Room.
<<

evenutter

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:50 pm

i have had similar problem with mouse not always mirroring right. I found that if you holding the ctrl down while moving the mouse causes all the clients to sync better.

Return to EVE Online