FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

7 Day Trial but Eve Invasion Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

seastnan

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:44 am

7 Day Trial but Eve Invasion Issues

Hi,

I'm on the seven day ISBoxer trial and have been tring to use it to work a number of characters on EVE ONBLINE.

I cannot get ISBoxer to work as everytime it launches what appears to be an earlier version of the Eve client and not the current INVASION edition of Eve. I tried to use the Lavish Software ISBoxer Eve Luancher but the exact same problem occured.

Can anybody help or point me to any possible solution?

I wnt to buy the full version of ISBoxer but obviously if I cannot get it to work with Invasion there would be no point.

Thank you in advance anybody that can help!

Iain
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:56 am

Re: 7 Day Trial but Eve Invasion Issues

I cannot get ISBoxer to work as everytime it launches what appears to be an earlier version of the Eve client and not the current INVASION edition of Eve. I tried to use the Lavish Software ISBoxer Eve Luancher but the exact same problem occured.

Sounds like you have an old exefile.exe in your EVE Online folder, and you've got Inner Space/ISBEL pointing at it.

If not using ISBEL, you must use the CCP Eve launcher as per the sticky Using the EVE Launcher - September 2016 (the part labelled "I HAVE A EXISTING CHARACTERS SET UP IN ISBOXER THAT I WANT TO LAUNCH").

With ISBEL, you want to refer back to https://github.com/LavishSoftware/ISBoxerEVELauncher#recommendations-for-isboxer. Steps #2 and #3 will point to the exefile.exe, so this is the first part you want to make sure is not busted. Then #7-#9. From what you're saying I would guess that your issue with ISBEL lies with #9. The Characters in ISBoxer Toolkit must point to the Account-specific Game Profiles from step #7, and not to like "EVE Online Default Profile". This GIF shows the process of changing per-Character Game Profile: https://gfycat.com/PoliteQuaintHedgehog
<<

seastnan

Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:38 am

Hi,

Thankyou for your help and this seems to have worked in that games now launch.

I think my problem lay in not setting out the INNER SPACE LAUNCH INFORMATION properly as I has created a number of different ones none of which worked earlier.

However all the games launch as individual instances. Is it possible to get them to work together so that undocking one undocks them all and so on?

seastnan
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:28 am

seastnan wrote:However all the games launch as individual instances. Is it possible to get them to work together so that undocking one undocks them all and so on?

By CCP's rules, replication is not allowed, and so it is disabled, by default. If you wish to enable it, you do so at your own risk, and the setting that handles it can be found in your Character Set.

If the above is not what you're referring to, then you will need to be more specific in what you're looking to do.
<<

seastnan

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi,

Thankyou forr your help so far!

The honest answer is YES to your question on clarification.

I want to be able to do multiple things with a crew of three minimum or six maximum.

I'm a lone individual on eve and just want a more efficient way to operate multiple characters on my little group of miners without malign intent.

So is there a good way of getting to do this using iSBoxer or EveISBoxer?

I intend reading the detailed usage insttructtions but I just want to get the whole thing working before the seven days is up then subscribe properly so I KNOW I have a working set-up.

Thanks again
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:52 pm

The broadcasting function, as mentioned is disabled by default in EVE as their policies and forums posts from their GM's indicated that it was only allowed in some very specific circumstances.
Enabling you do so at your own risk

Just so you are well informed, quoting from their CCP forum post.

Input Broadcasting and Input Multiplexing of actions with consequences in the EVE universe, are prohibited and will be policed in the same manner as Input Automation.

This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Activation and control of ships and modules
• Navigation and movement within the EVE universe
• Movement of assets and items within the EVE universe
• Interaction with other characters

Examples of allowed Input Broadcasting and Input Multiplexing are actions taken that do not have an impact on the EVE universe and are carried out for convenience:

• EVE Online client settings
• Window positions and arrangements (of the EVE Online client in your operating system’s desktop environment)
• The login process

So to enable at your own risk.
Untick this box, Export to InnerSpace.
<<

seastnan

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:12 am

Hi,

Thank you!

This has all worked. We went skirting about our local solar system last night with the most minimal of key and mouse presses. Thank you so much for this help you have given me.

What I do need to do is make sure all the ship layouts are the same and also the astronomical and information boxes are configured the exact same as each other. That will not be a problem and I'll be able to study the manuals more fully along with going for the full subscription of ISBoxer.

Thank you!!!

Return to EVE Online