FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launcher Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nimsil

Post Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:29 pm

Launcher Issue

Greetings!

I'm having an issue that I'm not sure how to provide info to help troubleshoot. Here is the issue:

Since the Eve Patch the other day, When I launch eve from isboxer the eve launcher starts to open then closes its self. This only does it on the first of my two computers. My second box auto launches the launcher and works perfectly. If I open up the launcher without isboxer it works 100%, but every time I try to do it from isboxer it closes it self.

I've double checked to make sure that isboxer is pointed at evelauncher.exe as it should be, and it is. I've made no changes to my isboxer configuration, this just started after the eve patch that came through yesterday.

Please let me know what information you would need to help take a look at this and how to acquire it and I'll provide it.

Thanks!

Eve launcher log using ISboxer to launch: https://pastebin.com/75qdNGJt
Eve launcher without isboxer running: https://pastebin.com/zFgVcKUY
Attachments
ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML
(288.26 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Launcher Issue

There have been a handful of reports regarding EVE Launcher issues the last few days. Your log files look pretty much the same, except one shows using ISBoxer and the other does not -- so unfortunately no clues there.

Personally I had an issue after updating EVE Online, and then it wouldn't even launch without ISBoxer. However, after running the EVE Online installer again to the same location, everything worked fine again after that. So I might suggest starting there?

Otherwise, you can always switch to using ISBoxer EVE Launcher. It is a secure alternative to the official launcher, and can streamline the process of logging in your EVE Online accounts with ISBoxer a bit. https://github.com/LavishSoftware/ISBoxerEVELauncher
<<

Nimsil

Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:58 am

Thanks for getting back to me Lax on this issue.

Eve wouldn't let me do a new install over an existing location (guess its something new with the installer) but instead I uninstalled eve, cleaned up all eve files I knew of (profiles in appdata etc...) and did fresh install. Even uninstalled isboxer/innerspace and resinstalled them. Same results. Launcher will start to open, Icon in taskbar, then launcher window just starts to open and bam all closes with no error message or anything on screen to indicate something went wrong.

Tried running the ISBoxer Eve launcher next, with not a lot of success. It will start my first character in the correct size window, but the second and further is not scaled correctly. Some just display a black window the whole time and never make it to the character select screen. Still playing around with this one, as I'm sure some of it possibly has to do with me not knowing much about this one yet.

I'm at a loss as to why this is suddenly happening. For the most part I've run isboxer for years with little to no issues.

I did a clean install on my video card drivers. I did a /dism cleanup process. /sfc checking. made sure directx was properly installed and up to date.

I'm not sure what to provide at this point to help troubleshoot, if that's even possible.

Thanks for any help in advance!

I am also now in the eve discord channel if that will help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:08 pm

I have had a couple people reporting the same thing, and it seems to be possibly related to Application Compatibility from Windows. Windows has some hidden application compatibility flags it will set, and you might be running into that. You could potentially work around it by installing EVE launcher to a different folder. I believe it can still use the same sharedcache folder for all the installed files.

Otherwise, I still recommend ISBoxer EVE Launcher. I released a new version yesterday to hide some confusing settings as well, just go to the github link, download the zip, and see the "Recommendations for ISBoxer" section.

Return to EVE Online