FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

client starting but black screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

david2022

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 am

client starting but black screen

my client starts i have all the isboxer info in corner but it stays at black screen and doesnt load any suggestions? any more info i can give to help solve this issue just ask i am very new to isboxer and inner space
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 am

Re: client starting but black screen

This is generally one of two things ...
a) If you're pointing Inner Space (and ISBoxer) directly at exefile.exe, instead of either CCP's launcher or ISBoxer EVE Launcher, then it wont work
b) Your Window Layout is attempting to push EVE smaller than 800x600, and the game doesn't support the resolution you're putting it at. Last I heard of someone having this issue, he was trying to evenly split 4 windows on 4 corners of his screen, forcing the windows to be smaller than EVE supports. Using a different type of Window Layout (e.g. via the Window Layout Wizard) would alleviate this issue.
<<

david2022

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 am

hmm sounds about right i'm using 4 on 4 corners i will try adjusting and let you know thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 am

if you really want to do 4x4 tiled, then you can try setting the 3D render size in the Window Layout Wizard when creating a new Window Layout. Set this to at least 800x600 or larger (for EVE anyway). Something along the same aspect ratio of your monitor when doing a 4x4 would be preferable. You could set full monitor resolution, but depends on the capabilities of your graphics card.

Return to EVE Online