FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to launch Eve from ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rayvenhaus

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 am

Unable to launch Eve from ISBoxer

I've had ISBoxer software running on my system for quite some time and have had minimal issues. Recently, as in the past few days, CCP updated the launcher and now I can not launch my accounts from ISBoxer. Basically what happens now is the Eve Launcher get's launched as a background process and then hangs.

I've attached a dmp file and a diag report as well.
Attachments
rayvenhaus_issue.zip
Archived dmp file
(8.76 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
rayvenhaus_diagnostic_report.txt
Plain text file
(29.92 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
<<

Rayvenhaus

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 am

Re: Unable to launch Eve from ISBoxer

Did I post this in the wrong area?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 am

No. It's something which appears to be coming up recently for some people.

The best I could suggest at this time is the same as everyone else is getting

1) disable Nvidia Share if applicable
    2a) ensure your Antivirus (not firewall) is excluding InnerSpace.exe (both in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace and C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\x64)
    2b) also set excudes for evelauncher.exe and exefile.exe (either [eveinstall]/sisi/bin or [eveinstall]/tq/bin - whichever is applicable)
    3) set an exclude for eveonline.com for any Internet Security product, or browser addon which does filtering
<<

Rayvenhaus

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:32 am

Thank you. I did all of that as well as reinstalled (For the 3 millionth time it seems) and it still hangs as a background process and does not come forward to let me select the account to launch. It did, once, the very first time, and I was able to select the account to launch from the Eve launcher, but the game hung as a background process.

So, at this point still not working at all. Which, I'm sure everyone can tell, severly hampers me from my gmae playing.
<<

bob

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:55 am

We're chasing down an issue with the CCP launcher/EVE currently. Stay tuned.
<<

Rayvenhaus

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:58 am

Ok, will do
<<

Rayvenhaus

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Set up to run development builds. Restarted ISBoxer and it downloaded new files. Reboot the machine and it's still not working. First attempt to start my clients, ended up with the Launcher stuck in the background. I killed the task and tried again. The second attempt got the launcher to come up and I started my first client and exited the launcher once it had spawned the task. Ended up with CCP Exefile stuck in the background and never coming forward.
<<

stun13

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:58 pm

I am having this same issue. I launch ISBEL, put in my password, right click on the Inner Space icon in my system tray, and choose the character set I made. The first one or two will launch, then it will just hang as a back ground process, or sometimes generate the 0x80004005 error that others have reported. If I try to launch a character from the ISBEL window using "Launch with Inner Space", that works fine, but it doesn't use the window layout, which is my whole reason for using ISBoxer.

The problems all started when CCP updated their launcher so I'm suspecting these problems are related to that. Is there any sort of diagnostics I can provide to help with the investigation? Since ISBoxer has become unusable, I've had to use Eve-O Preview. It's not ideal, but at least it's working.
<<

christopher20171129

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:15 am

+1 to this problem. Also I'll note the earlier suggestions to exclude the files in the (norton) antivirus program did work about a month ago. This same exact problem started again a few days ago, so it's reasonable to assume it's something related to the (CCP) eve launcher.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:59 am

First, try the Development build of InnerSpace if you haven't already.
Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.

If you have tried the dev build, read on.

There are some recently arisen issues which are affecting a couple of games, and they appear to be related. Unfortunately none of our systems are having this issue at this time, so, in order to help track it down, if you could provide a Trace Diagnostics (this is in the Help -> Diagnostics menu in the toolkit) on the hung launcher process, or the game itself if it is getting that far, and upload the dmp file it generates to here (if it will accept it), or send to lax@lavishsoft.com (please reference this post so he knows why he is getting these things). Note: if it is a 64bit executable, the dump will fail, so you will need to use ProcDump, extract it to a folder and from an Admin command prompt, change to the extracted folder, and type "procdump [executablename.exe]" while the hung process is still hung.

If you also happen to be willing to test out dev patches when they become available as an attempt to rectify this issue, then that would be appreciated. It takes about 5 minutes to test, and you can easily revert back to a standard state if it does not work by unselecting the patch options.

In the meantime, you can revert to build 6180 in the archive (instructions in there too). This should allow your game to load. If it does not, please let us know as it means that your issue is probably different, and should most likely be handled in a separate thread with your own compatibility diagnostic.
Next

Return to EVE Online