FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trying to setup ISBoxer to run my 3 EVE pilots

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Deminnari

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Trying to setup ISBoxer to run my 3 EVE pilots

I am having trouble getting ISboxer to work. I am trying to use this setup viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5531#p25648. It is the video FX and stacked fullscreen posted by Tronnic. I go through all the steps listed and when I go to the innerspace in the system tray and click on my character set to launch it does nothing. To add a few specifics I have tried multiple different ways to get it work. First I tried using the EVE online launcher as the .exe in the add game in innerspace. Then go through all the setup steps. Then click the innerspace in the tray and try to launch the character set and it puts the EVE launcher 32 bit in the process section of task manager but client never shows up. I have also tried using the ISBoxer eve launcher listed in the forums. With that I can get the clients to come up and login and even get the DXnothing screens up and configured but then cannot get the ISBoxer gui to come up pressing the shft+ctrl+alt+g on the eve client window. So I guess my questions are...

1. Will ISBoxer not work pointed at the current EVE launcher .exe? This how I am creating the add game like it says by dragging the EVE shortcut into box after clicking add game. Also if I point it to the bin .exe it tells me that cannot login through that screen any longer.

2. Why will the ISBoxer GUI come up on the DXnothing screens and not the IN game screens using the ISBoxer EVE launcher?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 am

Re: Trying to setup ISBoxer to run my 3 EVE pilots

Deminnari wrote:1. Will ISBoxer not work pointed at the current EVE launcher .exe?
Yes it will work with CCP's Launcher.
Deminnari wrote:Also if I point it to the bin .exe it tells me that cannot login through that screen any longer.
True, CCP stopped you from doing this quite a while ago now.

Deminnari wrote:2. Why will the ISBoxer GUI come up on the DXnothing screens and not the IN game screens using the ISBoxer EVE launcher?
Sounds like you are not following the instructions for setting it up and running it correctly when used with ISBoxer.

As the launch methods are slightly different. You need to choose which one you are going to work with. CCP launcher or ISBEL.
If you choose the CCP Launcher, get a compatibility diagnostic.
If you are going to be using ISBEL, then this post contains a 28 step guide (it's just a more expanded version of what is on the github site - but it may help you figure out where you went wrong).
<<

Deminnari

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 pm

So I chose to do the Setup with the Isbel profile. I followed the 28 step process you linked to the letter. When I tried to launch the character set the EVE ISBoxer Launcher window popped up and said it was loading the first account then seemed to freeze. Timed out with an error saying failed to execute c:\EVE\Sharedcache\TQ\Bin\..... Basically saying EVE ISBoxer was trying to use the .exe that is the bin file and failed. Here is a compatability diag I ran just in case anyway if it helps but I am getting frustrated so going to stop messing with it tonight. Please any help is appreciated. Thank You
Compat Report.txt
(41.12 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
<<

bob

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Yes, ISBEL launches exefile.exe. It's going to have to eventually, because that is the game. It manages to do it by passing some transient parameters that are not passed when you launch it directly.

Anyway, without knowing the error you received on launch its a bit of a guess, but it was probably the 0x80004005 launch failed message which has been coming up lately. Seems to be resolved by setting some excludes in you Antivirus product.

The specific items to exclude from the realtime protection/scanning of your Antivirus are:
  • InnerSpace.exe in both C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace and C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\x64 (or wherever you have it installed)
  • ISBoxerEVELauncher.exe (usually this will be in your InnerSpace folder)
  • exefile.exe (the EVE executable), in <EveInstallLocation>\SharedCache\tq\bin or SharedCache\sisi\bin depending on which you are trying to play on.
  • eveonline.com (this will need to be entered into the web protect exclusion list of your AV product
<<

Deminnari

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:07 pm

This is the error message I am getting. I also tried adding the files you mentioned to the exception list in both AV and Firewall. Still getting this error, I also tried disabling AV altogether and it still came up with this error. Any help with a fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

Error.jpg
Error.jpg (49.11 KiB) Viewed 12501 times
<<

bob

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:57 pm

This error has come up for several people before, and they have all managed to fix it by following what I've suggested (which was nothing to do with the Firewall and everything to do with Antivirus and Internet Security products).

Your AV is not completely disabled when you disable it, because the filter drivers are still in use (and not removed until you uninstall and reboot), and can still cause problems with testing. For a proper test, you need to completely uninstall it, including all browser inspection addons.

If you still get this error after completely uninstalling your antivirus/internet security (this is a test, not necessarily a permanent solution, just don't go visiting dodgy sites or clicking on dodgy emails from Nigerian Princes if you are that concerned - or trust that Windows Defender does do a halfway reasonable job), then provide another compatibility diagnostic after doing so.
<<

Deminnari

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks you so much for all your help. I finally this morning have found the culprit. I did as you suggested and uninstalled my AV security and but also uninstalled all innerspace and isboxer and reinstalled to have a clean slate then restarted. Built the config again using the Isbel 28 steps. Still didn't work got the same error but I remembered you mentioned it could be windows defender. Sure enough I disabled all defender protections and added the .exe for all programs to the exception list. Finally have a correctly loading character set with ISBoxer gui toggling correctly. Again thank you for your time and assistance could not have done it without you Bob.
<<

bob

Post Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Hey, thanks for reporting back.

TBH, I wouldn't have though of the problem being Windows Defender, as it is usually ok to work with, and normally causes us the least issues. ON the other hand, you also had other software installed (Charter Security Suite by F-Secure), which I assumed to be Anti-virus software (and appears it is, after having a search), as all other antivirus software will replace/disable Windows Defender when it is installed and operating. Looking back over your paste, I can see that you have Charter Security AND Windows Defender active, at the same time. This tells me that the Charter Security Suite is probably not a recent version designed to work on Windows 10. You might find that if you had an updated version of the Antivirus solution of your choice, that it would all work with far less hassle, and you wouldn't end up with multiple Antivirus products active at the same time (you aren't supposed to - it causes issues).

All in all, a good outcome though, as the same resolution seems to be allowing it all to work for most people. Now the hard part is to figure out why it is being so troublesome in the first place.
<<

Deminnari

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:58 am

So I again am having the issue where my client refuses to launch after clicking the character set in the innerspace icon from tray. I got to use this 3 times successfully and have made no changes or updates to security or AV still have all uninstalled. I am reaching the end of my patience in frustration for a product that I paid money for to be so difficult. The error message is the same as I posted before. If anyone has any ideas on how to help please let me know.
<<

bob

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:50 am

I can't tell, but could you confirm whether you are using the development build?

You can get this by right clicking Inner Space icon in the tray, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.
Next

Return to EVE Online