FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Isboxer eve launcher eve profiles per account?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mech101v

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am

Isboxer eve launcher eve profiles per account?

I can't seem to be able to figure out how to set eve profiles per account. I want one account to run at max graphic settings and the rest to run on the lowest graphic settings.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:18 am

Re: Isboxer eve launcher eve profiles per account?

ISBoxer virtualizes the configuration files for EVE, so, under normal circumstances, all you would need to do would be to set the in-game options to what you want, and that would be that.

If that's not working for you, then I will assume you've not used the Quick Setup Wizard to create all of your characters in ISBoxer, and instead have either: 1) copied existing characters and renamed them, or created them from scratch.

When you create a character from scratch it's missing everything that ISBoxer would normally assign to it, and, similarly, if you copy a character you're copying that original character's virtual files that would normally be unique to them, but are now shared by multiple characters.

Regardless, this can be solved by running the Virtual File Wizard (right-click the words "Virtual Files" in the upper left pane to access it), and follow the steps.
<<

mech101v

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Isboxer only virtualizes the "cookies" files. This wasn't an issue with the official eve launcher and only started when i switched to the ISboxer eve launcher. The settings as far as i can tell are saved under:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\e_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility

Inside that folder is a settings - from isboxer Eve launcher
settings_default - offical launcher
settings_newProfile - offical launch profile for the 1 account that i want to have seperate settings.

Could this be an issue caused by having eve installed on my e: and not c: ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:40 pm

mech101v wrote:Could this be an issue caused by having eve installed on my e: and not c: ?
Not at all

The settings folders, when I last tested this used to create a separate settings files per account, which were discernible by the number after the file names, like core_user_7362532.dat, core_public_7362532.yaml, core_char_7362532.dat, using the basic unnumbered files as the default source. The settings folder was also just called settings, and not settings_default.

As it was not really necessary for ISBoxer to virtualize the settings folder, it was removed a few years back.
It is possible that CCP have changed it up again, so you may want to put in a virtual file for settings_default/ The / at the end will let ISBoxer know it is a Folder you want to virtualize. Then each character/account (depending on how you've set up ISBoxer), can potentially use it's own, or a shared copy of the settings folder.
<<

mech101v

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 pm

ok after some playing around. if using the isboxer eve launcher each character that needs a separate settings for Graphic Content settings (AA, post processing, shader, texture, shadow, LOD quality and who knows what else) needs to set virtual files for the "core_public__.yaml" the settings/ prob would of worked but the single file corrected my issue.

Return to EVE Online