FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBEL With 2FA Token

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ALongStory

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 am

ISBEL With 2FA Token

Hi Guys,

Does anyone use ISBEL with 2FA token ? I have tried and it constantly asks for verification of character names for every account launched. Anyone found a way around this ? Within the Eve Launcher I use the tickbox 'Never ask for token again on this computer' so I never get it when launching with evelauncher.

Lax is there a way round this without disabling Token authentication on the account ?

I would love to be able to launch clients but I really couldn't leave my accounts without 2FA... Too many people are losing their accounts to hackers nowadays...
Rgds
Story
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 am

Re: ISBEL With 2FA Token

Hello!

EVE players keep saying "2FA" to mean "Authenticator" and that''s part of why it was never implemented. Asking your character name is a form of 2-Factor Authentication, and so is sending you an email. So when someone says "will ISBEL support 2FA?" my answer was "... ummm... it does?"

Anyway, I'll look into it when I can, but at the moment my time is consumed by compatibility updates. ISBEL is open source, really anyone with the technical ability to do it could submit a patch for it in the meantime
<<

ALongStory

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: ISBEL With 2FA Token

Yes the problem is that it asks for it every launch when it is used with 2FA authentication token. So its not really viable to enter 10+ character names every launch. When ever you have time would be great!

Return to EVE Online