FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Send keypress to bg client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

RomaEcho

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Send keypress to bg client

Hi. I have a few eve clients and isboxer blackscreen mapped for them. Is it possible to send keypress to specific client when blackscreen is in foreground but mouse cursor does not hover the client's zone?

Tried to send keypress via autohotkey ControlSend func but it's crashes the client when launched more than one eve window.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Send keypress to bg client

Is it possible to send keypress to specific client when blackscreen is in foreground but mouse cursor does not hover the client's zone?

Yes. This is a basic feature of Broadcasting Mode, and mousing over an interactive VFX is just enabling Broadcasting Mode with a specific Broadcast Target.

You can configure a Mapped Key to do the same thing, and in fact this is what the "Hold to Control" hotkeys (under "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys") do. The only difference with those is you would hold down some Hotkey to activate it, instead of mousing over an interactive VFX view. The "Hold" is only required because the Hotkeys are in "pressed OR released" mode, meaning that step 1 occurs when you press, and step 2 occurs when you release the Hotkey. They could just as well be set to occur only when you *press* the Hotkey for your purpose.
<<

RomaEcho

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Just made test set, with two clients and dxn. Tried to send ctrl-f to one of windows, but the game didn't reacted.
Checkbox "disable capabilities to control multiple windows..." is disabled.
Will be appreciated for the advice, continue testing tomorrow.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (183.54 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 am

Okay. Well I can't really be sure why you're modifying Hold to Control 1 that way...

It should be noted that EVE Online has a quirk in receiving input (e.g. a Keystroke Action), where modifier keys have to be held extra long in order for the game to recognize it. The way to make this happen is to make sure the Mapped Key you're sending this from is set to use the Hold option. So if you want to send Ctrl+F to the game and have the game interpret it as Ctrl+F instead of just F, your Mapped Key has to be in Hold mode. The "Hold to Control" hotkeys are NOT in that kind of mode by default, and without seeing your actual configuration or at least more info on the actual Hotkey, I kinda have to assume you would not have known to change it.

I would probably undo any changes to Hold to Control and set up a new Mapped Key..
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:18 am

Just thought I'd add, that this is the Hold any Keystroke option that is being referred to as required for EVE and modifiers.

Return to EVE Online