FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Eve Launcher constant time out on account add and launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

p3x1187

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Eve Launcher constant time out on account add and launch

Hello all.

Trying to add accounts to the elisb for a couple hours now. The only result i get is a immediate "timed out attempting to log in. Account NOT added." error

Any ideas?

I have the launcher inside my root InnerSpace folder.

And my Innerspace folder is in the same drive as my EVE folder and shared cache.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:32 am

Re: Eve Launcher constant time out on account add and launch

TImeouts are the bane of connections. If EVE can get to the EVE servers, and the ISBEL cannot, then the presumption there would be that something is blocking ISBEL from doing so, like a firewall/internet security type application.
<<

p3x1187

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:30 am

Well after many many attempts i got my accounts into the launcher,l but now after getting isboxer configed and inerspace the launcher just refuses to load accounts all i get for an error is account timed out.
<<

bob

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:40 pm

If it is timing out, then either something is blocking the connections, or something is making it run slow. If you are getting an almost immediate timeout, which is a bit weird considering the error, then it is probably being blocked. If it takes 30 seconds or so (a more normal timeout period), then it is probably being blocked. If something is making it run slow, you should be able to see this based on application CPU usage at the time of the connection.

Another thing you could do to help track it down, is verify that ISBEL is attempting to connect to the same endpoint address as the normal EVE launcher. If you are not US/EU based, then it is possible that your servers are different (I'd need to look at the code again to see how it determines server addresses).

Failing that, a bit more detail of the error (can you screenshot it), and perhaps your account location.
<<

p3x1187

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:21 pm

well i dont know how to track the endpoint.

All i did was follow the instructions to the letter.

https://puu.sh/xqfzP/c8138cdd0e.png

In that link show the console log and the error.

At time of launch cpu usage is below 10%
<<

p3x1187

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 pm

If any one is still out there i am still needing help. the Eve online line launcher refuses to launch accounts, and the only error thrown is Abort. I know it must be something net related because i have 0 flaws after a modem restart be the problem quickly comes back, does anyone know how the eve launcher tries to connect compared to the normal launcher?
<<

bob

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:13 pm

It's not doing anything all that different.
Your issue sounds very firewally/anti internet, where things end up being blocked for whatever reason.

You can see exactly what it does by looking at the source code on GitHub. It is open source after all.

To break it down,
  1. It gets an access token from https://login.eveonline.com/Account/LogOn? (this one uses your user name/password)
  2. It then gets an SSO token from https://login.eveonline.com/launcher/token?accesstoken= (this uses the accesstoken from the previous call)
  3. It then loads the game and passes in the SSO token to the game. (this uses the SSO token received from the previous call)
It sounds like item 1 or 2 is timing out for you, which is either something being blocked (outbound), or not getting a timely response (inbound).
<<

p3x1187

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:16 pm

So then why is it having issues when the normal eve launcher is not? any way to check or keep ports open, i only use windows firewall and i have added the exe as an allowed program.
<<

bob

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 am

Looking through ISBEL code, the timeout is being set to 5 seconds for both 1 and 2, so if the response is taking longer than that, then that will be the problem. Maybe the CCP launcher has a longer wait time. A longer response time will depend on a number of factors, not the least of, where you are located.

If, as you said before, it works when you reset your modem, then presumably any issue is not with your computer or any software on it, but rather the device itself is shutting down the connection? (IDK, but that would be my guess based on the information provided). The requests that ISBEL is making are standard webrequests on HTTPS, so it does seem a little odd. Of note, the URI's being used do have some hard coded values in them, for referrers and things which are needed regarding redirects and language, which might cause issues if the login of your account somehow is objecting to that, which if I had to guess could be due to language settings, but IDK, that's just a guess (again).

As we aren't seeing the issue in a wider audience, then it really requires a deeper bit of troubleshooting for your particular setup, which, as we are not there, is really up to you if you want to use the ISBEL. It is open source, so you are free to get it, and modify it as necessary to make it work for you. The alternative is to wait until some additional tracing can be added to see if it can help track down your issue.
<<

p3x1187

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Any idea on where i can poke around. I do have VS code so i can check it out. i guess i would have to download the master files and then compile huh?
Next

Return to EVE Online