FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My 32th Slot start but not show

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bergriese

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:37 am

My 32th Slot start but not show

Good Morning,

I have an Problem witch i don't understand. Today i have increase my Slots from 26 to 32.
My Problem is that this only works with 31Slot.

What happens:
- The 32th Slot start... Acc is loging in (I hear the loging sounds) but the window is clear.
- When i look in the Windows Taskbar under the EVE Icon there is the 32th Slot. I can also switch to it but the window is not show. My Mouse can aktivate one of three Chars (i can hear the char choose sound). Char is login but nothing i see.
- It is independently witch slot i start as the 32th.

:?: Question:
1. Is there any Fullscreen-Limits on my Display Port?
2. Have some one an idea?

Best regards from the Alps
Bergriese

Setup:
- Windowlayout on one Monitor with FX-Views on three dxnothing: https://gyazo.com/a3210fe62475354837f66dd9fa6d1fc1
- GPU: GTX970
- CPU: I7-5930K
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:11 am

Re: My 32th Slot start but not show

You might need to do some monitoring and see whether you are running out of resources, like VRAM, which seems the most obvious choice based on the symptoms. There are limits to what your hardware will handle.

Various tools are OpenHardwareMonitor, Process Explorer, HWInfo, etc.
<<

Bergriese

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:57 am

bob wrote:You might need to do some monitoring and see whether you are running out of resources, like VRAM, which seems the most obvious choice based on the symptoms. There are limits to what your hardware will handle.

Thx 4 replay!

Various tools are OpenHardwareMonitor, Process Explorer, HWInfo, etc.

VRAM= 25%
RAM= 46%
VirtualRam= 46%
CPU= 67%

Resource looks all fine. With no Lags. The problem is the 32th Window isnt show... There is nothing. Full Transparent.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:17 am

So I think some of the numbers might be wrong.

e.g. VRAM @ 25% on a 4GB graphics card. So you're saying that 32 instances of EVE are only using 1GB of VRAM???, which works out to (co-incidentally), 32MB each? Seems rather light on the usage.

CPU maybe, RAM, no idea, assume you have at least 32GB, Virtual Ram/Paging, sure, depends on many factors.

Anyway, regardless, I suspect you are running into limits of your hardware. I can't prove that to you; I can only point you to the most probable cause. ISboxer doesn't really care about character 30, 31, 32, 54, 55, 56. They're all the same to it. What does matter is what your hardware can handle. There is another very similar post on this exact same subject somewhere. I'll dig out the link.

edit: and here it is. Only a couple below yours in the forum... Additional Clients not responding after 40+ launched
<<

Bergriese

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:15 am

Very thanks for your help!

Ok relay its Hardware Limit. I was wrong with the VRAM Usage Value.
I aktivate the ASUS GPU Resource Monitor and found the bottleneck. https://gyazo.com/a1e020d710f4b5439fe3fd49ae04257f

I have Aktivate the SLI in NVIDIA Systemsettings and the Slot 32 Launch.
But this SLI - Setting is not the Solution, because i have deaktivate it one week ago, because of Massive Performance problems.

If i not found a solution for running in SLI, i must i must invest in a new GPU.

:?: Is there any solution for a good Running SLI configuration with 2 GTX 970?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 am

If you're running out VRAM, then SLI isn't going to fix that. You don't have access to more VRAM when using SLI, since VRAM is mirrored across the GPUs. The only way to increase the amount of VRAM you have available, is either to split the load of the game clients across multiple GPUs (requires one monitor per GPU), or buy a new GPU with more VRAM on it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:37 pm

With 2 GPUs, you get access to more VRAM without SLI/Crossfire than with. You must attach monitors separately to the two GPUs, then in ISBoxer's Window Layout Wizard disable "Cross-monitor swapping" (under Multiple monitors). You can then select how many windows should be on each monitor using the Swap Groups setting (click the + to expand, then you can type in numbers for each display). In this way, you are able to balance your GPU and VRAM usage between the two GPUs, allowing you to maximize usage of your VRAM to power all 32+ instances.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/GPU_Management (Note that this page is not specifically written to cover the running out of VRAM scenario, but the information on the page is 100% relevant to multiple GPUs in any case)
<<

Bergriese

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:18 am

Good Morning,

Month later.... i invest in more VRAM with ASUS Strix 1080Ti.

But now only 24 Slots shows ??? :shock:
The Clients are running (i can see them in the Taskbar) but are not show. I am using Innerspace.

Does any can help me please?

HArdware:

Monitor :ROG SWIFT PG348Q
Grafikkarte: ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING
Betriebssystem : Windows10 64 Bit,
[Hauptplatine Händler/Modell ] STRIX X99 Gaming
[CPU-Hersteller/Prozessornummer] I7-5930K
[Speicherhändler/Modell/Beschreibung] Tridentz 3200 32GB
<<

Bergriese

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 am

Ok i have found the Problem in the IsBoxer Launcher.
The option for launch all clients in dx9 was OFF.

Return to EVE Online