FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Additional Clients not responding after 40+ launched

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Blue_Ice

Post Wed May 31, 2017 8:26 am

Additional Clients not responding after 40+ launched

I first started getting this issue when I was running 35 clients, the 39th client would not position itself correctly and stop responding.
After no changes the 36-41 clients now launch and position correctly and the 42nd client now does not load. After many restarts and even remaking the character set with more clients, it still gets stuck on the 42nd client.

http://i.imgur.com/rYjbXeC.png

The black box in the corner is the 42nd client once it stops responding.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed May 31, 2017 9:02 am

Re: Additional Clients not responding after 40+ launched

Are you monitoring your hardware? How do you know that it isn't just the sheer amount of game clients overloading your system to the point where things begin to act oddly? What hardware are you running? What resolution are you running the game clients at? FG/BG framerate? Core/thread assignment?

Personally, as someone who has run 60 game clients on my machine at the same time, I wouldn't think that the game would be very playable after a certain number seeing as threads become pretty bogged down at that point.
<<

Blue_Ice

Post Wed May 31, 2017 11:12 am

http://i.imgur.com/I7644uf.png

Hardware seems to be working properly and temperatures are fine.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Ermm... Well there's nothing particularly different as far as ISBoxer is concerned, between your 35th, 36th, .... 41st, 42nd, 43rd, ... 49th... etc clients.

Here's my guess: You're running out of physical RAM on your video card, and DirectX is simply unable to set up another set of front buffers as a result. To test this theory requires you to either increase VRAM by swapping in a video card with more VRAM than your current hardware, or decrease VRAM usage by making sure all of your in-game video settings are set to performance rather than quality (disable everything, etc). Lower Resolution (rendering size, when configuring a Window Layout) will also dramatically affect this.

This is something that multiboxers ran into ALL THE TIME back in the day, when video cards were limited to 512MB or less of RAM.

Otherwise, another workaround is to launch all of your games instances at the same time, but DO NOT ENTER THE GAME until all game windows are fully launched. Entering the game causes additional textures and other resources to load, some of which will be in VRAM, thereby blocking additional games from loading. This may not be very convenient if one of the game instances crashes or you otherwise need another game instance launched at a later time.

Return to EVE Online